Day 6...logging, looking for insight...

SusanQ22

Day 17

UGH... it's Wednesday... but we've been in exams all week... so I wasn't thinking about the day of the week when I left the house... I'll be gone all day and have minimal W30 compliant food... good thing I had a good breakfast, looks like I'll be having a lara bar for dinner!!!!

Well...today didn't go as planned...if it was compliment and I could reach it, I ate it...one of those days....and did I mention that I FELT LIKE CRAP!!! That's important to remember, the first time I've felt this way in 17 days...

Alright... Day 17 stunk... but today is a new day and I have some questions...

Has anyone else noticed change in their hair? My hair, since teen years, has been course, nappy, curly... this week it is silky and straight... I'm assuming it's from the addition of healthy fat nourishing my hair folicles and cutting out aspertame, which I suspect was causing hair loss... Am I the only one?

For the sake of the whole 30 are berries considered fruit or better than fruit? Should I choose berries over kiwi?

So... Day 18...

WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THIS BEFORE?!?!?!?! I've had a hankering for BBQ lately... so last night before bed I got a bunch of chicken out of the freezer... whipped up some dry rub (chilie powder, onion powder, sea salt, chipolte powder, smoked paprika, cumin, corriander), threw a bunch of onions in the crock pot and then the chicken...set it to slow cook all night and woke up to the aroma of BBQ!!! I shredded it up for lunch today (and of course lots of dinners... I made ALOT!!)... So motivational to wake up to the smell of a good meal!! :)

Breakfast - 3 eggs fried in coconut oil, spinich, salsa, couple of bites of that BBQ, I coudn't resist!!!

Lunch - spinich, carrots, cucumbers, a heaping helping of BBQ

Dinner - is it bad if I have BBQ again... because I probably will!!!! :) with a couple of veggie egg muffins and a salad.

Snacks - I'm really trying to limit my snacking... hopefully none...

I have 11 days and 21 hours left of my first Whole 30!!! When it's over I do not plan on crashing face first into a large choclate chip cookie dough blizzard... but I am taking 2 weeks "off"... I will still stay 90% complient... but with travel I'm afraid I will not always be 100% in control of my food choices... so... my motto will be, "If I can choose complient food, I will choose compliant food." Then July 1st I am starting another Whole 30, on the 2nd one I hope to incorperate more fresh seasonal vegetables and less fruit and nuts... So... that's the State of the Susan address...

Susan - I have the same philosophy for wrapping up my W30. I leave on day 33 for almost two weeks. I will be able to make some good choices but @ other times I will be at functions, parties and out to dinner. I don't want to put unnecessary stress on the situation. Make the best possible choices because this is a life choice not a short term fix. Thanks for sharing your plan!

~N

DAY 19?!?!?!?! It doesn't seem like it could possibly be DAY 19!!!!! So, got up bright and early this morning... went out for a 10 mile bike ride stopped by the gym for a curl workout... got home... started getting ready for work... realized my tire was flat... my tire pressure light came on yesterday so I took it to the dealer who said, "no problems, reset the light..." Now, I've got kids sitting in my classroom waiting to take an exam, and I'm late....I'm talking an hour late... ugh... and to top it off... all I grabbed was a lara bar on the way out the door... so... after a decent workout, I'm STARVING FOR SOME PROTEIN and not going to be home til 9pm (it's graduation night...) So... guess it's a good time to explore fasting!!!

I'm down to single didget days left of my whole 30... Today I wore a pair of shorts I bought last summer, they were my size...so I didn't try them on...alas they did not fit...BUT THEY DO NOW!!! Big challenge today...going to lunch & movie with the fam... for lunch-olive garden...they have a whole gluten-free menu...steak w/extra-virgin olive oil and salad will be my lunch...I will pass on the pasta, cheese, and breadsticks. At the movies, I will smuggle in pistachios...and I won't feel bad until they start offering healthy snacks!!!

Ahhhh the movies! We went today (second time since starting whole 30) and I find it really liberating to just not eat during them. When I was hard core dieting I used to avoid the movies since to me movies meant popcorn and candy. going and being okay with water has been kinda awesome.

I hope you have an awesome empowering day - rock it!

Day 21... It feels so good to have made it this far!!!

B-2 eggs fried in coconut oil on a bed of spinach, with salsa and a slice of turkey.

L-BBQ chicken, kiwi

D-more fried eggs!!! (decided to mix it up...literally...scrambled my eggs...with salsa and spinach)

S-banana w/almond butter

Today was my first taste of summer... I get to sleep an hour later for the next 2 months!!!

Ate 1/2 a frozen banana on the way to the gym...

Great 45 minute full body workouts with lots of squats and dead lifts...

B-2 slices of applewood turkey wrapped in lettuce (YUM!!!)

Off to the organic store to buy more stuff!!!!

Fasted until dinner time...a friend is visiting and wanted to go to red lobster for dinner...so I ate a banana and a slice of turkey before we went to avoid falling into temptation... I'm finding eating out isn't that hard...I had 1/2 rainbow trout (fresh caught of the day) and broccoli...I asked them to grill it and leave off all the butter-based finishing sauces...it was delicious...

Thanks Renee... I don't know why I'm so into the countdown, I don't plan on changing anything when my 30 is up (which happens to be in 5 days, 11 hours, and 29 minutes :P ). I just love reaching goals!!! This week I really want to cut back on snacks. Instead of keeping bananas on the counter (they are sooooooo easy to reach for!!!), I've quartered them and froze them so that when I want one, I can still grab it but it's only 1/4 of a banana and sooooo satisfying. I enjoyed fasting yesterday, I would rather fast than overconsume fruit so I am fasting til lunch today because I will be out (at a youth event) until midnight... so I'm just adjusting my whole day... lunch is breakfast, dinner is lunch and food at the party will be dinner! :)

Today is my first day of summer...normally when I'm home, I want to EAT ALL DAY...but I WILL NOT!!!!

B-3 eggs fried in coconut oil, AW ham, spinach

L-not hungry but I have some zucchini chips in the oven to snack on later...

I hear ya! Whenever I'm spending a lazy Sunday in my apartment I graze all day, to the extent that the meals sorta end up fusing into some mega food platter! Definitely says something about our culture and how it hardwires us to eat all the things even when we have nothing to spend the energy on...

Well done on making it this far, I'll be using your frozen banana trick!

Archived