Day 3- craving sugar

Mrs.OL

Hi! It’s my Day 3 and I started following Whole30 recipes on IG which really helped me with Day 1 & 2. So far, I’m down 2 lbs BUT today I ate Lemon Bar Larabar (which I saw was compliant). And already 2 bowls of apples, berries and cinnamon. Oh yea and Natural Almond Butter (Dry Roasted Almonds & Palm Oil) However, I want more! I am craving sweets! And I don’t think having too many Larabars in one day is good. 

Any suggestions? For quick fix? I saw lots of chocolate pudding and other stuff on IG but I don’t have those ingredients so what can I eat? 

Lastly, is there any type of chocolate I can eat? 

I really want to lose weight and detox so I’m trying not to have SWPO! Lol!

Thanks a whole bunch!

• Moderators

Hey there - First, it's a rule not to weigh yourself on the program so please definitely stop doing that.

Getting off the sugar train is hard but the only way to do it is to just jump off.  Stop using fruit, nuts, almond butter and larabars (which are only approved in the cases of emergency) to prop up the sugar cravings.  No chocolate is allowed whatsoever and any types of puddings and other things that seem like a 'too good to be true' dessert are definitely not on for the program.

If distracting yourself with activity is not managing the craving, eat something fatty/briney like olives.  Don't give your cravings sugar, your body doesn't care if it's two bowls of fruit or a snickers bar.

Archived