Katie's Whole30 Log - cooking, eating, and exercise!

kshacklett

Had a great cooking day yesterday, including:

Guacamole

Sweet Potato Chips

Zucchini Hash Rounds

Tostones (thanks Callan!)

Breakfast Sausage (thanks jackolantern!)

Chorizo (I just used ground pork and mixed in the spices)

...and all of it was amazing! So excited to have a lot prepped for this week already. The only downside is I didn't get any housework done :P

The endless-energy stage has finally hit as well! We'll see if it keeps up during the workweek, but Saturday and Sunday I felt great all day, and then just put myself to bed at a reasonable hour. This morning, I woke up 5 minutes before my alarm, but this seems to be a trend that actually started about a week pre-whole30 (no idea why).

DAY 13 MENU

Meal 1: Banana chips (on drive to work - couldn't wait for breakfast!)

Black Coffee

Zucchini Rounds

Breakfast Sausage

Clementine

Meal 2: leftover Carribean Chicken Salad

Twice Baked Chorizo Sweet Potato

Snack: 1.5 deviled eggs

Meal 3: Deconstructed Gyros (just realized I got cucumber crazy this weekend and at them both - suppose I have to stop at the store)

post-workout: 1/2 deviled egg

Hoping to get in a workout with the trainer tonight, but I have cramps, so getting some rest and lots of tea might come first :unsure:

Here's to a great Day 13!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My trainer cancelled last night, so I was able to get at least *some* of the housework done, and make a big batch of veggie meatballs to freeze (2 pounds - I hope they're good!). I've had worse-than-normal cramps for the past day and a half, too, so it was nice to get a rest. The endless energy is still endless! I wake up without (too much) trouble, and stay nice and awake until it's time to go to bed. I'm trying to get back in the habit of reading a little bit before bed each night like I used to - it seems to calm my mind for the night. I really want a nice easy-chair for the bedroom, though. We bought the most amazing matress that has helped me sleep like never before, but it's not very comfortable for sitting up and reading (which I guess makes sense).

Dinner is in the crockpot, so I'm going to hit up the gym right after work - no idea what I plan on doing yet, though.

I also found out that dinner with my inlaws is going to be at a restaurant, which will at least make it (socially) easier to deal with whole30. One thing I know - they make their guacamole fresh right at your table, so that's about as whole30 as it gets!

I can't believe I'm almost halfway done - it almost makes me a little sad! But then I remember that I don't have to stop eating this way after whole30. I think part of why I'm enjoying this is the challenge. Now that I'm out of school, it's easy to just stick to things you know and like without working towards much, but this has certainly forced me to adapt and work hard in a way I never did for my body before.

DAY 14 MENU

MEAL 1: Zucchini Rounds

Breakfast Sausage

Clementine

MEAL 2: Deconstructed Gyro Salad

Deviled Egg

Pre-workout: 1/2 Deviled Egg

MEAL 3: 40 Cloves of Garlic Chicken

Green Beans

Chorizo Brussels Sprouts

I also need to make another batch of mayo in the next day or two. I've eaten more mayo in the past 2 weeks than I have in my entire life thanks to the recipe from The Clothes Make the Girl!

I also need to make another batch of mayo in the next day or two. I've eaten more mayo in the past 2 weeks than I have in my entire life thanks to the recipe from The Clothes Make the Girl!

Me too! I've always hated mayo in all forms (especially salads) but the real stuff is too good to be mayo. :)

Happy I came across your post, I'm new to cooking & whole 30, day 14 :)

Love your Pinterest & meals!! Curious how you make your sweet potato chips. Mine get soggy. Also, notice you had banana chips?!? Where did you find these?

Thanks again for sharing :)

The sweet potato chips have taken me a few weeks to master. I tried them in the oven - burnt to a crisp (I tried to eat them and got an awful headache, lol). Then I tried them on a plate in the microwave. A little better, but the ones in the center always burnt, and it was taking forever since you could only get 10 on so on a plate. Then I bought this thing and did a lot of experimenting with the time required. Not the most amazing or highest quality kitchen appliance I own, but definitely an improvement over the ones I was making before. The only problem I have now is that they still seem to get soggy after a period of time if you cover them, or let them sit more than 24 hours, so no making a big batch for the week. This week, I prepped all the sweet potatos, so all I have to do is throw some in when I want to cook.

Also, I make sure I don't add too much olive oil, and I cook them for 3 minutes and 30 seconds.

Banana chips I get at a local Amish store that carries lots of "homemade" type things. I did find some unsweetened ones in the bulk section of the regular grocery store last weekend, but quickly discovered there were a few sweetened ones mixed in (this ended with me spilling them out on a plate and picking out all of the shiny, sugary ones). Hope that helps!

2 weeks done! Feeling great again this morning, although I don't think I'll ever get over wanting to stay in bed when the weather is bad ;) Had a great workout at the gym last night - ran for 10 minutes, then did a bunch of "arms" exercises, ran for 7 minutes, did a bunch of "abs" exercises, then intervals on the elliptical for 13 minutes. I feel like my running could have been even better, but I forgot my ipod at home, so I'll call this a success. Hopefully, the weather doesn't get too bad and I'll meet with my trainer tonight at the gym for some heavy lifting.

My husband has the flu (probably because he refused to get a flu shot...) so last night I ran to the store to buy him all sorts of non-compliant stuff that he wanted. It was really hard to resist temptation, even those that were whole30 compliant, but I just reminded myself of how bad I felt last week when I ate all of those store-bought sweet potato chips. I was super hungry though, so when I got home I had some sweet potato chips (my own) with guacamole and a plate of tostones.

DAY 15 MENU

Meal 1: Zucchini Hash Rounds

Breakfast Sausage

Clementine

Meal 2: Chicken Salad

Chorizo Brussels Sprouts

Green Beans

Afternoon Snack: Deviled Egg

Meal 3: Tandoori Salmon with Cucumber Onion Salad

Post-workout: Firecracker Tuna and Cucumbers

Halfway there! Hoping the second half is even better than the first :)

I woke up with a headache this morning, but I'm pretty sure I was just dehydrated and needed some water - I feel better now. Made another batch of mayo last night, and some more deviled eggs, which are becoming my new favorite snack food.

I'm making a trip to Costco tonight, and I'm really excited to get some great stuff (and save some money!)

I got lazy on dinner last night since my husband has the flu and I wasn't overly hungry, so I just had some tostones and firecracker tuna salad, then a deviled egg after my workout.

I finally showed my "before and after" pictures to my trainer (Before being August, After being Day0 of my Whole30) - he was super impressed! It was nice to have someone else validate how much I've accomplished. I can't wait to compare my Whole30 before and after pictures!

I'm eating out for the first time on Whole30 tonight - grabbing dinner at Chipotle while out running errands tonight, so no peer pressure and a definite menu choice ahead of time, but it will still be nice to have a meal I don't have to cook myself.

Tomorrow starts the Biggest Loser contest at my gym (this weekend through March 20) so I'm hoping the rest of my Whole30 gives me an awesome kickstart into this. I'm definitely doing the reintroduction of other foods after 30 days, but also trying to stick as closely to this as possible. Quite honestly, there's nothing I'm really craving other than the convenience of prepared foods (and soy sauce, but only because I'm too cheap to buy the coconut aminos on amazon and don't live near anywhere that sells them). I'd like to transition into a lifestyle where everything I prepare for myself is Whole30 approved, but I can still enjoy a meal on the go or some popcorn from time to time without the stress of keeping it perfectly compliant.

DAY 16 MENU

Breakfast Sausage

Clementine

Chorizo Brussels Sprouts

Afternoon Snack: Deviled Egg

Meal 3: Chipotle - pork carnitas and guacamole

DAY 16 EVALUATION

I find myself craving sugar, bread or sweets when: Not as much any more, but somewhat when watching tv or otherwise relaxing

Sometimes, I think I'm hungry, but I'm actually just: Well, lately this has happened so infrequently I really am hungry!

When I'm craving sugar, I used to eat: chocolate, or cookies - but I never really craved sugar so much as salt or carbs

During my whole 30, I'm going to reach for: proteins!

When I eat sweet food like fruit, I notice: how delicious they are!

When I eat salty foods like nuts or olives, I notice: they make me crave more

I thought I'd miss eating/drinking: Diet soda, cheese, tortilla chips, popcorn

I didn't think I'd like eating: vegetables at breakfast, eggs

I have the hardest time sticking to the whole30 when I'm feeling: tired or rushed

I have the hardest time sticking to the whole30 when i'm in: a rush, or watching someone else eat processed foods

When I eat a good breakfast, I feel: awake, content, healthy - like I'm fueling myself for a wonderful day

When I prepare a healthy meal from scratch, I feel: calm, accomplished, helpful to my family

Since I started my Whole30, I've noticed:

• That my exercise or sports performance: A little better this week, though I need to focus on still drinking a lot of water
  • That my sleep: still the same, but I'm a good sleeper :) Night sweats seemed to have stopped, but this could also be the weather
  • That my energy levels: I still hate getting out of bed, but I'm energized within a few minutes, and I continue to have energy until I decide it's time for bed.
  • That my emotions: are the same as usual
  • That my recovery after exercise: regular workouts about the same, but I went skiing and hardly felt sore at all the next day!
  • That my body feels: about the same
  • That my clothese fit: a teensy bit looser
  • That my condition(Skin issues, allergies, digestive distress, etc): acne has actually gotten worse, but this could be because I've been having a hard time using my proactive - it really dries out my skin in the winter.

Feeling great again today - and very much ready for the long weekend. I'm hoping to go skiing either Sunday or Monday, but my husband has been sick so I don't know if he'll feel up to it. Last time I went skiing by myself I sprained my ankle and had to wait 3 hours for someone to come pick me up :wacko:

My newfound "Tiger Blood" has me motivated to do all sorts of things - particularly with my knitting, lol. I used to always keep 1 or 2 projects in progress at a time, but lately I want to start ALL of the projects I have planned for the next few months. I also want to clean out my closet - I'm obsessive about getting rid of clothes I don't wear. Hopefully, in another month or two I can add some new, smaller clothes though :rolleyes:

My gym's biggest loser contest starts today. I've been working with a trainer for the past few months, but something finally clicked when I tried paleo back in December, and I'm hoping to see great results. I've finally found before and after pictures of someone who I feel like I could actually look like - check out this article.

Screen-Shot-2011-07-21-at-10.03.58-AM.jpg

(Picture from nerdfitness.com)

She weighs 170 on the left, 142 on the right. My heaviest weight was at 180, but I was around 168 when I started lifting. Granted, I didn't look that good at 170, nor have I ever had the confidence to wear a bikini, but for some reason, that picture on the right seems really attainable to me! Maybe it's because I can finally feel the muscles in my arms, calves, and even a little bit in my abs - I just have to get rid of all the fat on top! Training has also boosted my self-confidence - I really noticed this when I went skiing a few weeks ago. I love to ski, but I'm so nervous I used to spend all my time afraid of falling, rather than focusing on actually skiing. Not any more!

DAY 17 MENU

Breakfast Sausage

Clementine

Meal 2: Firecracker Tuna Salad

Cucumber Slices

Chorizo Brussels Sprouts

Pre-workout: 1.5 deviled eggs

Post-workout: 1/2 deviled egg

Meal 3: Tandoori Salmon with Spinach, Onion, and Cucumber Salad

Green Beans

Today's Planned workout:

Run (5 minutes)

Kettlebell Pulls (35 lbs)

Chest-to-ground pushups

Ball Pikes

Box Jumps (18/24")

Cable Rows (140 lbs)

Bicep Curl/Press (30 lbs)

Repeat 3x

It's day 18, and I can't believe how great I feel. Well, all of my except for my shin - I fell doing box jumps yesterday and hit it right on the edge - ouch! I was worried I wasn't going to be able to work out this weekend, but luckily it's ok - just a little scraped and swollen. Yesterday's workout (pre-fall) was one of the hardest and best I've ever done.

I have a huge to-do list this weekend, mostly because I've spent the past few weekends indulging in a Battlestar Galactica marathon with my husband. This weekend I've committed to not watching tv/movies until after dinner each night. We also might go to the movies. We're big popcorn fans, so I told my husband that he needs to decide beforehand if he's getting popcorn, so I can bring a compliant snack, or if we're not getting anything at all (what a concept! Movies without eating!)

I already went to the gym this morning for a HIIT class, so now it's just off to housework and other super fun things.

DAY 18 MENU

Meal 1: 1.5 deviled eggs (I need to be better prepared for Saturday morning breakfasts)

Apple

Green Beans

Dates

Meal 3: Steak

Green Beans

Indian Roasted Sweet Potatos

I think there are likely tostones in my future, too :)

Day 20 - I feel like I've really been able to step up my game at the gym these past few days. I can't wait to continue! I've been thinking more and more about reintroduction of foods post-whole30, and I'm having mixed feelings. I'm worried that once I find out which foods I really can have, it's a slippery slope back to the way I was eating before. On the other hand, I'd really like to know which specific foods cause me issues, so that I can strictly avoid them while allowing a pass on some others (particular for social reasons - which makes me feel kind of weak about all this).

Went to a HIIT class at the gym this morning, then to the movies to see Zero Dark Thirty (Seal Team Six, which aired on NatGeo, was much better, fwiw). We stopped by the grocery on the way so I could buy some sweet potato chips and iced tea to bring with me, and after all that no one else in the theater even got popcorn, lol. On the one hand, I really hope popcorn is ok for me post-whole30, but on the other hand, I know it's ridiculously full of chemicals...but oh do I love popcorn.

DAY 19 MENU

Meal 1: 2 eggs, zucchini in coconut oil

Post Work Out: Apple, Deviled Egg

Meal 2: Steak, Onions

Afternoon Snack: Sweet Potato Chips

Meal 3: Pork, Plantains, and green beans

In a mood this morning, because my husband is a picky eater who watches too much tv (at least as far as I'm concerned). I'm really regretting buying a house where the tv can be seen from the kitchen - I spend so much time in there, it seems like I'm never away from the tv (I do insist that it's turned off during meals, though).

Lots more housework today since there's no work. Training in the afternoon, and lots of prep-cooking for the week.

DAY 20 MENU

Meal 1: zucchini and eggs in coconut oil

grapes

Meal 2: Leftover pork and tostones

Indian sweet potatos

Meal 3: Coconut Shrimp

Thai Stir Fry Vegetables

Back to work today...I wish every weekend was 3 days. My husband and I were very productive this weekend - all sorts of housework and cooking on my part, and he hung crown moulding in the office (our first attempt) - can't wait to do it in the rest of the house too! The only thing I didn't get done that I REALLY need to get on is creating our wedding album. We've been married 7 months, and I've given 5 albums away as gifts to our parents and grandparents. It would be nice to have one of our own.

I had an AWESOME workout at the gym yesterday. I met with my trainer, and did a crazy-heavy lifting day. I did bar squats, bench presses, and dead lifts. I forget the other weights, but I deadlifted 125 pounds! I'm definitely feeling it today, but not nearly as badly as I expected. I'm not sure what my workout tonight is going to be, since I have a vet appointment at 5:30, but I want to make sure to get something in so I'm not too sore tomorrow.

DAY 21 MENU

Meal 1: Zucchini and Eggs

Breakfast Sausage

Apple

Meal 2: Shredded Pork

Guacamole

Indian Sweet Potatos

Afternoon Snack: Deviled eggs

Meal 3: Super Veggie Meatballs with Mashed Rutabega and Gravy

Broccoli

This cold weather is kicking my butt! All I want to do is stay in bed, with the fireplace on (no, my fireplace and bed are not in the same room, just wishful thinking). Yesterday and today we had a high of 20 degrees F, which is particularly crazy considering that last Saturday it hit 50 degrees! I got home from work yesterday and took a nap (something I haven't needed to do since the very beginning of my Whole30), and I think it was mostly because I wanted to be under the covers.

Made coffee on my way out the door this morning - so good. I'm learning that I like black coffee so long as it's GOOD coffee (and for me that means Wawa - a mini mart with a cult like following near where I grew up. Whenever I visit my parents I stock up on their coffee).

I didn't make it to the gym yesterday - between making dinner and taking the dog to the vet, it just wasn't happening. Looking forward to a great HIIT workout tonight, though, even if it means braving the cold!

DAY 22 MENU

Meal 1: Zucchini and Eggs

Breakfast Sausage

Clementine

Meal 2: Super Veggie Meatballs with Mashed Rutabega and Gravy

Broccoli

Meal 3: Oven-crisped Hot Wings with Paleo Ranch Dressing

Carrots, Celery

I'm not sure how much mayo I have left (the dressing calls for half a cup); I may need to make more. I think I've eaten more mayonnaise in the past 22 days (thanks to theclothesmakethegirl) than I ate "real" mayo in my entire life up to this point.

So - first things first. I have to share this picture. I was making hot wings last night, and I used a combination of chicken drumsticks from the grocery store that I bought a while ago and froze with some drumsticks/wings from the local butcher where I've started buying my meat. Keep in mind, the local butcher isn't organic/grassfed/etc, just a local business I'm able to support.

IMAG0251_zps4a3d7c38.jpg

The one on top is from the grocery store, the one on the bottom is from the butcher. Pretty safe to say that I'll be getting all my meat at the butcher from now on *shudder* The kicker is that both my husband and I agreed that the smaller ones tasted better, too. You'd think with all of that genetic modification or whatever they did to the bigger one, they'd do something for the taste as well!

Anyway, yesterday was another good day (aside from customer service issues with our security system, but that's another story). Lots of energy, no snacking between breakfast and lunch or dinner and bedtime (I usually have a small snack when I get home from work so I don't bite my husband when he walks through the door). Got in a good HIIT workout at the gym - I felt like I really gave it my all. Someone actually commented that I looked really good - about time (I went from 180 to 160 pounds last year and the only person to say anything was my mother...gr)

I had some bowel troubles in the middle of the night - not sure what that was all about, if it was something I ate (or didn't eat), stress, or just a random occurence.

I made "pumpkin oatmeal" last night for my next few breakfasts, and I can't get over how *sweet* it is! Before, I used to add vanilla extract and maple syrup - I can't imagine what that would taste like now! (For the record, this is not SWYPO, because this couldn't be any less like oatmeal, and I hate oatmeal to begin with)

Actually, speaking of oatmeal, once or twice a year I'll try it because I feel like it's a "grown-up" "healthy" food that I need to learn to like - thank you Whole30 for helping me realize I never, ever need to eat oatmeal to be the best I can be!

DAY 23 MENU

Meal 1: Pumpkin Oatmeal

Breakfast Sausage

Apple

Meal 2: Leftover Crispy Paleo Wings

Paleo Ranch Dressing

Carrots, Cucumbers, and Celery

Grapes

Pre-workout: Deviled Egg

Meal 3: Chicken breast seasoned with Herbs de Provence, cooked in Coconut Oil

Roasted Asparagus

Mashed Rutabega

I'm going to the gym after work, not sure what I plan on doing - something between heavy lifting and HIIT, I suppose.

How is it Day 24 already? This is crazy! I really want to do the reintroductions and get them over with at this point so I can just go back to eating this way all of the time :) Getting ready for some snow tonight, plus a busy weekend ahead.

Last night's workout was:

Deadlifts (80 lbs)

Plate Swings (10 lbs - my workout spreadsheet is out of date, this was way too easy)

Bent Rows (30 lbs)

Pushups (couldn't figure out how to lower the bar until after my workout, but good for form practice I guess)

Cable Pulls (wide stance) (65 pounds)

Ball Pikes

Tricep Dips with Ball

Dips (70 pounds - less than half my weight!)

Pull Ups (80 pounds - less than half my weight!)

Running - 5.5/6.5 for 6 minutes

Tonight I'm planning on going to a HIIT class since I can't make the one tomorrow morning. Tomorrow I might go to Zumba, which I don't think I've been to in a few months at this point - I try to avoid doing all cardio days, but I also miss the dancing.

DAY 24 MENU

Meal 1: Pumpkin Oatmeal

Grapes

Meal 2: Herbs de Provence chicken

Green Beans

Mashed Rutabega

Apple

Afternoon Snack: deviled eggs

Meal 3: Tilapia with Lemon-Basil-Dill-Ghee sauce

some vegetable I have yet to buy, probably green beans

I can't believe it's day 25 already! I honestly expected this to be much harder than it is (at least in terms of willpower) - it's amazing what you can accomplish if you genuinely give yourself a chance :)

I ended up working out at home last night thanks to the snow - there wasn't even that much snow, but apparently they never got around to putting salt down on the roads here, so I had no desire to drive anywhere. Let's just say my track record of driving in the snow is less than stellar, lol. Anyway, I did a Denise Austin video plus a bunch of squat exercises - I really really want to improve my squats. I could definitely feel these drills working - hopefully if I keep it up I'll see some improvement.

I'm going to Zumba this morning for the first time in months! I had changed my Saturday workout to HIIT, but today we're getting furniture delivered so I don't have time to go to that class. I'm hoping I don't completely fall on my face.

I'm going out to dinner tonight with my in-laws, and I've created a list of everything that at least can be made compliant on the menu. Hopefully this works as planned - this is my first dining-out experience on Whole30 (other than a well-scouted trip to Chipotle).

DAY 25 MENU

Meal 1: pumpkin "oatmeal"

coffee

Post-workout: ?? I'll come up with something

Meal 2: Firecracker Tuna salad on cucumber

Afternoon snack (to keep me from going off plan at dinner): sweet potato chips and guacamole

Meal 3: Hopefully shrimp in mojo sauce, if it isn't ridiculously expensive. Otherwise, something else.

I never got around to posting yesterday, but it was a pretty basic day as far as eating (eggs, firecracker tuna salad, chicken, kale, steak, asparagus, zucchini) and my workout was the HIIT class at the gym.

Dinner with my in-laws went MUCH better than I expected it to. At dinner, I was able to resist all of the chips and salsa on the table, although as soon as our dishes came I did take a giant scoop of guacamole to eat as a side (this restaurant makes it fresh at your table - it's to die for). I ordered shrimp in mojo sauce, without the rice. Well, it came to the table not only on a bed of rice, but with queso fresco on top! Luckily, I was able to get the cheese and rice off of all but two of the shrimp (which my husband had for lunch the next day), but I was a little sad that all of the vegetables were mixed into the rice. After dinner was the only time anyone commented on my eating - after I turned down a piece of cookie cake, my MiL announced that I was "watching my waistline" and that I "looked good". We could get in to the 8 million issues I have with this, but I just smiled and nodded (ok, for the record, last year I lost 20 pounds and she didn't say a word. Also, she includes all sorts of losses/gains in her family christmas letter. The end.)

Anyway, today it's snowing and I don't feel like eating healthy, but I will. I've discovered my two biggest triggers for wanting junk food (or at least less-healthy comfort foods) are bad weather and tv commercials. I could watch my husband eat junk food all day, but the second I see an ad for something on tv, I want it. Luckily, I don't watch too much tv, so this only happens occasionally.

I'm meeting with my trainer at the gym tonight, and hoping to take some really good "before" shots. I have some already, dating as far back as September, but now I want some where I'm actually posing and flexing (and hopefully looking less like a deer in the headlights). I actually bought a bikini for this - I haven't owned one since I was 7! It's definitely not ready to wear in public yet, but with some more muscle tone and a little slimming around the waist, I know I can get there this summer!

DAY 27 Menu

Meal 1: Sweet Potato Hash

Apple

Coffee

Meal 2: Leftover steak and onions

Zucchini and Tomatos

Meal 3: Chicken Wings Mole

Guacamole

red pepper sticks

Also, in my grocery shopping this week, I included dairy again for my reintroduction on Friday! I honestly think I bought more dairy than I usually eat in a week, lol. Usually it's only in 1 meal per day, but I want to try and get in a few servings. I'm planning on doing 2 days for each reintro with 2 days in between. My planned dairy includes a chocolate bar (that someone brought me from Europe and I've been saving for 3 weeks!), cheese and sour cream with dinner, and a tiny single serve haagen daz ice cream.

When I went to buy the ice cream, I had originally picked up the store-brand frozen greek yogurt, which I wanted to try, hoping it would be somewhere between frozen yogurt and ice cream. Well, it turns out that it was full of chemicals, including carrageenan, sacharine (in addition to sugar) and soy lecithin. So I started looking at real ice cream, and the only ingredients were Cream, Milk, Strawberries, Sugar, Egg Yolks. Just goes to show that what you think is the better choice may not be!

So last night...I wore a bikini! Not out in public, but at the gym so my trainer could take good posed pictures of me, rather than the "deer in the headlights" ones I've been doing at home. I actually had to go out and buy one - I haven't owned a bikini since I was 7. Mostly because my parents are very conservative and really stressed modesty, but also because I've never been toned enough to wear one. I realize that the biggest battle is not going to be getting slim and muscular enough to look good in it, but coming up with the courage to wear it on the beach - which I AM going to do this summer.

And tonight, to celebrate all the success I've had so far, I'm getting a facial after work - 60 whole minutes! I'm so excited. I meant for it to be a halfway sort of thing, with a second one at the end, but I just got around to doing it now. The good news is that I have a second gift certificate for another one, so I can go again in a few weeks.

Still really nervous about reintroduction. I'm scared I'm going to totally fall off the bandwagon. I keep telling myself that I know this works for me, so all I have to do is jump right back on if I lose this feeling/progress, but there's a little part of me that is afraid I love chocolate (or pizza, or donuts) more than I love this feeling.

Last night's workout was awesome -

Bar Squats: 95lbs

Bicep Curls: 45 lb bar

Tricep Dips

Pushups

Dead Lifts: 100 lbs (15 reps, 4 sets!)

Bent Rows: 45 lb bar

Something for my abs that I don't know the name of: 20 lbs

Today's my day off from the gym for the week.

DAY 28 MENU

Meal 2: Mole Chicken Wings

Guacamole

Meal 3: Slow Cooker Chicken with Gravy

Green Beans

Asparagus

I also created two more boards on my pinterest - "Eating Clean..." "...and Training Dirty" to track my clean eating recipes (not all whole30) and workout/fitness information I find. I'm trying to stay away from "thinspo" type things that plague the site these days, but instead focusing on actual articles and stories.

On my mind this morning - I can't believe I ever ate 100calorie snack packs. Seriously, what a waste of...I don't know, but it's a waste! This occured to me last night after I had a chicken sausage (with red pepper and spinach) as a snack. I was really hungry, and made it and ate it with mustard without checking the nutrition facts (which I used to do religiously). Turns out, each one has 120 calories and 15 grams of protein! No wonder this way of eating is so much more satisfying than anything I tried before. I'll take a hot-dog sized sausage with a generous serving of protein over 6 crackers with no protein any day of the week - not to mention the havoc all those grains must have done!

I was cleaning up my pinterest yesterday and cleared out my whole30 board to reflect the recipes I actually made this month. I'm going to store all of my "clean eating" recipes on a separate board (the whole30 ones will appear twice). One of my goals for this month was to make a great variety of food - I love to cook, but I always feel like I'm stuck in a rut with the same recipes every week. Well not any more! I made 49 (FORTY NINE!!!) different recipes this month. That just blows my mind.

Tonight is another HIIT night at the gym - can't wait!

DAY 29 MENU

Apple

Meal 2: Chicken and Gravy

Green Beans

Carrots

Meal 3: Tandoori Salmon with spinach cucumber and onion salad

Green Beans

Post-workout: chicken sausage (red pepper and spinach) and mustard

Also, my pants are falling off. This is likely because they were a size too big going into this, but they're really comfortable and I'm too lazy to go shopping.

Archived