Looking for advice - Social Event Saturday Evening

Teri H

Hello folks!

I am 5 days in and ready to head to a fundraiser tomorrow evening with the girls.  Getting dressed up, cocktails and family style dinner.  See my challenge(s)?

I am the designated driver, so my drink tickets will go to a friend and I am happy with club soda and lime.  Cannot find anything regarding the dinner menu so  I am planning on eating before I go since I don't know what is going to be there. Perhaps there I can nibble on some things that are compliant (if available).  I really want to go since this is such an amazing charity.  

Has anyone else been in this situation - and if so, how did you manage?  

I know this is going to be a challenge...nuts will also be in my purse! :-)

Words of wisdom?

BTW - this is my 2nd Whole 30 so I "think" I have an idea of how tricky this can be...(but don't want to get to cocky!)  :-)

Thanks,

Teri

Like you, I'm a repeat W30er.  I'm nine days in and had forgotten about a couple of social engagements that would fall in this month.  I don't know if this will help you, but it helps me to think beyond the moment.  I remind myself that the event is only a couple hours out of my life and I'll survive perfectly well even if I don't eat the food that's served.  Thinking beyond the immediate helps prevent the food avoidance from being my sole focus of the evening and frees me up to more deeply engage in conversations and whatever else is going on.  Best of luck and I hope you have a great time! 

Thank you Jen!  I will definitely take this advice to heart.  I get lost in the moment and don't think about the long term goal.  I can always start over "tomorrow" (and then the next day or the next).  

Looking forward to the time with the girls and the amazing show!

Enjoy your weekend.

• Administrators

@Teri H - please do not post the same topic across multiple sub forums. Its against forum rules and makes more work for the volunteers who try to keep the forum tidy. I've deleted your other post. Thanks! :)

Archived