Cheri starts 6/25 because she's too young to feel this bad

Cheri Espo

Diagnosed with fibromyalgia after years of unexplained pain and fatigue.  My weight has always been an issue and I just can't seem to drop the pounds or inflammation.  Not a fan of filling myself with medications and not fully convinced that I have to live like this forever.  I do believe that you can ease most if not all ailments through diet and exercise.  I felt like I was drowning in information about what does and doesn't work for other people, what the "right" way to eat is.  Figured it wouldn't hurt to just start from scratch and see how it goes!

I plan to start Monday, 6/25.  I want to document each day, what I ate, and how I felt for my own purposes.  

Alright, it's day 1.  And I'm excited for the next 30 days. 

A little bit about me and my background:  I am 32 years old.  5'3" 171 lbs.  I was NOT an athlete growing up and have struggled with yo-yoing weight since puberty.  4.5 years ago, I was extremely unhappy with my self image and my health and finally made a real change.  I got into fitness and started researching a lot on diet and made a lot of life changes.  But alas, my weight and pain and fatigue have stilled yo-yoed since then.  I am still working out very consistently - 4-5 days a week.  And I still eat really healthy 90% of the time - no processed foods, organic when I can, lots of veggies, no dairy, only whole grains, etc.  I get extreme stomach pain almost daily, I am always exhausted, my joints hurt, I'm constantly bloated, can't lose the excess fat, and I am just so frustrated.  I refuse to take all kinds of medications to mask the symptoms.  So, here I am.  I truly believe that most issues can be resolved through the proper diet and exercise.  And I am excited to find out what works and doesn't work for my body and to finally feel good!

Daily Log - Day 1:

How I feel AM - sharp cramps in stomach, starting in upper, down both sides, all along lower

Breakfast - black iced coffee, roasted sweet potatoes (EVOO, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes), sauteed kale (EVOO), 2 HB eggs (pasture-raised), 1/2 avocado

Lunch - 1 yellow bell pepper filled with roasted chicken, shredded carrots, roasted red peppers, Whole30 mayo, salt, pepper, paprika, lemon juice, parsley

How I feel afternoon - stomach cramps

Snack - kiwi, black olives, raw cashews

Dinner - bibb lettuce filled with ground beef (100% grass-fed) cooked in ghee and coconut aminos, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, shredded carrots, ginger, scallions

pineapple coconut seltzer water

How I feel evening - no more stomach cramps. Sleepy. Constipated. 

Excercise (after work) - 30 min strength circuit + 30 min cardio compounds. Had enough energy but had a hard time with stomach issues. 

Daily Log - Day 2:

How I feel AM - No cramps! Yay! But still constipated.

Breakfast - black iced coffee, roasted sweet potatoes (EVOO, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes), sauteed kale (EVOO), 2 HB eggs (pasture-raised), 1/2 avocado

Lunch - 1 yellow bell pepper filled with roasted chicken, shredded carrots, roasted red peppers, Whole30 mayo, salt, pepper, paprika, lemon juice, parsley

How I feel afternoon - tired, but finally had a bowel movement.

Snack - mixed fruit, raw cashews, raw almonds, black iced coffee

Exercise (after work) - 30 min spin

Dinner - bibb lettuce filled with ground beef (100% grass-fed) cooked in ghee and coconut aminos, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, shredded carrots, ginger, scallions, lemon seltzer water

How I feel evening - sleepy, hungry

PM Snack - ¼ avocado, black olives, red pepper, So Delicious coconut shredded cheddar (realized later that this is NOT compliant)

Reflections for the day:  the meals are easy for me to be compliant.  It’s not too far off from how i typically eat.  However, I have a problem with snacking! I typically go for a grain or legume snack - hummus, peanut butter, pretzels, bread, etc.  I also felt very hungry and definitely overdid the snacks.

Daily Log - Day 3:

How I feel AM - extremely tired. Sharp pains in upper abdomen and heartburn after eating.

Breakfast - black coffee, roasted sweet potatoes (EVOO, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes), sauteed kale (EVOO), 2 HB eggs (pasture-raised), 1/2 avocado

Lunch - 1 red bell pepper filled with roasted chicken, shredded carrots, roasted red peppers, Whole30 mayo, salt, pepper, paprika, lemon juice, parsley

How I feel afternoon - stomach pains but lessening. Very tired.

Snack - mixed nuts, cherries, pork jerky

Dinner - bibb lettuce filled with ground beef (100% grass-fed) cooked in ghee and coconut aminos, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, shredded carrots, ginger, scallions, lemon seltzer water

How I feel evening - heartburn, but stomach feels better

Reflections for the day:  nuts as a snack seemed to be more satiating. Wondering if stomach pain in AM due to kale? Will switch to spinach tomorrow.

Archived