Psoriasis on W30?

Hi there. I wondered if anyone experienced a flare-up of psoriasis while on W30 and if there might be a link.

Long story short, I have symptoms of various autoimmune disorders and have received multiple positive ANA tests, but diagnosis remains uncertain. One of these symptoms is psoriasis, which usually presents with a tremor and other oddities. A few days into W30, I did develop a mild tremor, but nothing worrisome. I have, however, had a flare-up of plaque psoriasis on my elbows with no identifiable trigger. Common triggers for me are illness, injury (skin), or heavy stress. None of those things are present right now though. The only real change is diet.

I know the correlation between psoriasis and, say, food allergies is kind of sketchy, but I also know psoriasis is an autoimmune response and that autoimmune flare-ups may be impacted by diet. While the flare is mild compared to many people, it's isn't for me. It's driving me nuts!

Anyone experienced something similar? Any tweaks that might improve the situation? I'm all ears!

• Moderators

If this way of eating is a fairly significant departure for you from how you've eaten in the past, that can be stressful to your body which could lead to a flare of a stress induced auto immune condition.  I don't know much about auto immune concerns but if hormones changes can also cause a flareup, then that's something that could have caused it too as especially for women, there's sometimes significant hormone disruption as things get settled out.

There's also the possibility that you're eating a lot more of something that your body isn't happy about... most common culprits are eggs, nuts and avocado.... have you increased your consumption of these on this program?

Hi Sugarcube!

Thanks for your response. The only major difference between what I'm doing now and what I've done in the past is cutting out legumes. I have IBS-C and used to incorporate plenty of beans into my diet, which seemed to help tremendously. I don't think I'm eating anything in excess, but I'll track meals a bit more closely in the next few days and reassess. 

Archived