Is it normal to experience days 10-15 in the first week?

Morgan H

This is my second time doing the Whole30. The first time, the timeline was pretty spot on. I'm on my 7th day now, and I've already been hyper aware of all the foods I can't eat, not to mention the dreams I'm having about eating churros or chips and waking up feeling guilty. Also, the scale is calling and my brain was like, "Let's just give up and eat some banana ice cream with chips." I feel like I'm experiencing all of the symptoms at a really fast pace. Has this happened for anyone else?

• Moderators

Every Whole30 you do can be different. If your first was a huge change, but then you stuck fairly close to it from then to now, it makes sense that you might be further along on the timeline than you were at this point in your first one.

The  "let's just eat banana ice cream and chips" thing is also kind of what happens to a lot of people on a second or third or whatever Whole30. It's not new anymore, you know what to expect, the SWYPO rules seem sillier because you've already done all that and your brain thinks, how much difference does it really make? It's why many people find it harder to do a second Whole30 than it was to do their first one -- there's more about that here:  https://whole30.com/2015/02/second-whole30/ 

Archived