Started Whole30 7/27

NikkiMarie36

I started the Whole30 on 7/27 after having done Paleo for about a year. Even doing Paleo didn't help me to slay my Sugar Dragon (yes, capitalized) and I have come to realize that I need to do the Whole30 in order to try to do that. Since I was little I have had a very emotional relationship with food and developed some very dangerous habits when it comes to food-especially my trigger foods. I have had some friends who have done Whole30 and said that it has literally changed their lives. So I figured why not give it a try-I've tried everything else. I'm now on Day 3 and I feel strong. Do I want to sit down with a glass of wine? Of course. However, I have not put away my wine glasses. Hehe. I've been drinking Spindrift instead of wine from my wine glass which may seem silly but I'm very attached to my wine glasses-sadly. It's not hard for me to eat healthy and I know how good I feel when I do but, it's just so easy to eat unhealthy! I have been planning and I know that I can do this. I realize that on Day 3 it's easy to say that but i know how important this is and I have a husband who is supportive. I have been to Overeaters Anonymous before and did well with that for like 90 days. I feel that I am one of those people who is not able to eat some things in moderation and just need to cut some things out. I know that the Whole30 will help me to do that and I'm looking forward to feeling the 'Tiger Blood'-yes, I've been reading the book. I look forward to reading how others are doing and also posting more about my journey.

I just started the day before you. Thought I would reply since we are starting at about the same time. I too, am totally drinking my Pelegrino with lime out of a wine class :) It just feels more like a treat that way. I have major issues with food and could live every day with just eating sugar and carbs. I took it a little slowly to get to this point so that it didn't shock my system too much. I went off sugar, dairy and gluten about 2 months ago so that helps for sure. It is still a bit hard for me, but I am just taking it one day at a time. Day 5 today! I am working on having a better relationship with food but mainly doing this as an elimination diet to try and determine what foods are causing inflammation in me as I live with chronic pain and have had a lot of surgeries. The last few months, I have been having more joint pain in my toes, fingers and knees along with everything else so I know I need to try something to really help. I lost about 13-15 pounds just going off sugar, dairy and gluten in the last 2 months so I am not really expecting to lose weight easily as that weight fell off easily already. I still have about 25-30 pounds to go, but I hope to work on that in a much healthier way that I have in the past. Let me know if you want to connect and be supports to each other! Good luck on day 4! I am all the way on day 5! :) 

Archived