Starting my Whole30 today!

senabena

Hello, I am 5'9 179 lbs. I love to challenge myself physically and mentally, and this diet caught my attention and I have been fluctuating back and forth whether to do it or not. But I've finally decided to try it with my mother, and she is not as motivated to do it as I. But we will get through it.

I have been having major body image issues my whole life, I have an athletic build but every time I look in the mirror I find myself being so harsh about the little bits of my body that aren't skinny. It is so damaging to my self-esteem and to my mental health as a whole. i am hoping that this challenge will not only help my physical state, but also strengthen my mental state and my self-discipline as a whole. I have a few people who will be helping me along the way, but I really am going to need support through this. 

I have a HUGE sweet tooth, I have sugar cravings all the time, and sometimes I outsmart myself and trick my mind into finding ways to get sugary food. I always feel like I am at a constant battle with myself, and for once I just want to be able to finish something without giving in. this is for myself, not anyone else. 

• Moderators

Hey, @senabena. Whole30 is great for bringing a sweet tooth under control. Just be sure you make all your meals meet the meal template (even if it seems like a lot of food), and when you do find yourself craving sweets, have some kind of plan in place for what you're going to do. If you're actually hungry, then eat, but have some protein, some fat, and some vegetables, or at least two of the three. If you're not hungry, maybe plan to go for a walk, or work on a hobby, or journal about what you're feeling -- do something that will keep your mind and your hands busy for a little while, and the craving should pass.

As far as your mom not being as committed, remember that you are only responsible for yourself, so if she decides not to finish the 30 days, or she decides to not follow the rules completely, that's on her and shouldn't affect what you do.

Archived