Day 1 Headache and nausea

I just started Whole 30 TODAY and I have a raging headache that is causing nausea and the shakes.  Any help for this?  I'm suffering terribly and to top it off, my husband opened a can of tuna and that's about to send me over the edge!!!  I know I can't have cracker to calm my stomach.  I'm trying to stay strong but I'm miserable.  HELP!!!

• Moderators

What have you eaten?  One day shouldn't cause this kind of reaction. 

Are you hungry? Eat if you are. Be sure you're eating enough in general-- each meal should have 1-2 palm sized portion  of protein or if eggs are your only protein, as many whole eggs as you can hold in one hand, so probably 3-4; 1-2 thumb sized portions of fat or half to a whole avocado or a third to a half a can of full fat coconut milk or a heaping handful or two of olives; and then a plate full of vegetables. 

Right now to settle your stomach, maybe try a baked sweet potato or potato with ghee or olive oil or coconut oil and some salt and see if that helps settle your stomach.

Yesterday I had spinach, mushroom and leek frittata for breakfast, W30 compliant crockpot chicken w/zoodles and apples w/almond butter for lunch, and the same chicken dish and sweet potato w/ghee for dinner.  The headache started mid-afternoon but didn't get horrible until around dinnertime.  That's when the nausea started.  I think I figured out the cause of the headache: sinus pressure due to not taking my OTC allergy med for several days.  I didn't sleep much last night and the nausea and shakes lasted till 2 or 3 am.  This morning the headache is better...still there but better.  I know I need to eat but I have NO appetite.   I'll try the potato with olive/coconut oil.  And maybe some coconut milk.  I'm trying to hang in there.  Thanks for responding!

• 4 weeks later...

Could you be getting sick?  This is my third day (8am) and I woke up with a raging headache.  I assume it’s from cutting out my sugar addiction cold turkey.  You need to keep eating something.  I took aspirin and blueberries and a ton of water.  Honestly if you are really shaking I would call the doc.  Good luck.

Archived