Long weekend at Lake Placid & hiking

Rmmariee

I am going on a trip to Lake Placid and plan on going on some short hikes and the people I am with will most likely want to eat out a bit. I have had no issues eating out for breakfast because I just have eggs and potatoes... but what about lunches and dinners? I don't want to be restricted to salads and more potatoes. Any ideas? Has anyone ever traveled to this area before? 

• Moderators

Maybe someone familiar with the area will have suggestions, but for now, you might want to Google something like "restaurants near lake placid," or "restaurants near *whatever the zip code is where you're staying*," and see what comes up. 

Farm-to-table type restaurants or steak or seafood restaurants are typically the easiest options to find compliant meals at, but see what you find and see what kind of information you can find online about them.

If you're staying in a house with a kitchen, you might volunteer to cook a meal or two, if you want to -- although I'd definitely understand not wanting to cook on vacation. It's just one option to ensure at least one meal you know is compliant. 

Archived