Starting Today: August 13!

Dean-O

My wife and I decided to make the commitment today after hearing what a positive experience my brother and sister-in-law had last month. They both look and feel fantastic after completing their first whole30!

My wife and I are big on eating out (almost daily) and meeting friends for cocktails or wine (again almost daily), so any encouragement or ideas on how to navigate those challenges are very welcomed!

Good luck to everyone making this commitment to improve your lives!!

Good luck with your Whole30! I'll be honest - eating out and going out with friends will be tough. I would recommend not eating out for just the two of you during the program because your options in restaurants are super limited and frankly just don't taste as good as anything you can make at home. Use this program as a chance to get familiar with your kitchen and to learn new recipes, otherwise you will very quickly get bored with your dine-out options.

For when you go out with friends for dinner, check out the dining guide on the Whole30 website for ideas on how to navigate that, but what I did was research restaurants that are more accommodating/easier to eat at near me and then I always suggested those places. I had three go-tos (Cava, Zoe's Kitchen, and a place that steams crabs to order). When I met up with people for drinks, I usually ordered iced tea. Oddly enough, the thing I was most excited to reintroduce at the end of 30 days was wine... navigating social drinking on Whole30 is annoying. 

Archived