Looking to Reset After Recent Breakup and Toxic Lifestyle

Mhamilt8

Hi! I’m 23, recently relocated to DC from Chicago, and looking to reset not only my diet but my whole lifestyle. My long term boyfriend and I split up just a few days into trying long distance. Living with him in Chicago, I stopped eating right, stopped working out, and generally stopped focusing on myself. He struggled with depression and  anxiety and I found myself dropping all of my needs for him and losing myself along the way.

I’m a former college athlete and my loss of fitness plus loss of a relationship I saw maybe ending in marriage has really taken a toll on my self esteem. I’m hoping that this plan will help me jump start my life back in a positive direction. Everyone I know who’s succeeded on Whole30 has seemed to gain a new lease on life, in both big or small ways.  I’m just worried stress and this hard time might make it difficult, but hoping I can get through it :)

Wow that's a lot to handle all at once!  I'd recommend taking it super easy and get simple recipes for the beginning for sure.  That is my biggest mistake from my Whole30.  I tried to get waaay too fancy to make things that sounded different when in reality I could have just made simple grilled meats, veggies etc.  I felt like I was CONSTANTLY in the kitchen.  So given all the life changes going on for you keep it simple!  

Archived