Day 11 and struggling

jadore43210

Hello all, this is my second time around doing the whole30. For the most part, it had been easier for the beginning, but now I'm feeling as thought I'm totally getting flooded with cravings and ads for unhealthy food. I'm getting tired of going to the grocery store and cooking all the time, and I just want bread! Also, yes, I have yet to see the big happy pay-offs yet and am not yet at Tiger Blood stage... any advice on how to make it past this point of the whole30 or good, healthy snacks to help hold off those cravings? Hope this finds all your whole30ers well!

• Moderators

Days 10 and 11 are the days when people are most likely to quit, for all the reasons you've listed.

Go back to the meal template and make sure you're eating enough. You should be able to go 4-5 hours between meals pretty easily without snacks. When you have a craving, think about why you're having it -- was it boredom or are you upset about something? Was there a commercial on TV that triggered it? Figure out the source of the craving and deal with it. Food won't make you less bored or upset, find things that will -- work on a hobby, go for a walk, take a minute to write about what you're feeling. 

If you're tired of cooking and washing dishes, look for simple foods that don't make much time or effort. Sheet pan meals where you roast your meat and vegetables together are easy, or eggs. If you're really not feeling it, get some frozen burger patties and some steam-in-the-bag veggies, cook those, and add avocado or olives or if you have some mayo or dressing already made up for fat . 

Hang in there, itll get better soon.

Archived