Getting ready for a Jan 1 start

LynnHammer

Hi

I'm new to this forum but not to Whole 30.  I've tried it before and failed because...<insert excuse here>.  As a believer that the past does not dictate the future, I am ready to restart so I can reset.  I recently turned 50 and am committed to being healthier and stronger when I turn 60.

• Moderators

Hi, @LynnHammer -- you're right that the past doesn't dictate the future, and you can do this.

It is worth looking at why your past attempts didn't work out, though. Figure out what kept you from being successful and make plans now to avoid those things. Maybe it's that you need to do better meal planning to be sure you have food available, or you need to do more pre cooking or crockpot meals so you don't have to spend 30 minutes or more cooking a meal when you get home from work, or you need to find foods you can take with you so you aren't tempted to stop to buy food when you're out running around all day, or you need more variety because you can't stand eating the same thing more than once or twice a week. Whatever it is, write down what caused you to get off track and what you're going to do differently this time. 

I will be starting the program on January 1 for the second time.  

The first go was more than two years ago and was successful.  The change in my overall health was so life changing I want to eat this way everday....wholelife....but have a difficult time sticking to it and subsequent attempts at the Whole30 have not gone as well as the first.

We'll do it this time!

Archived