Not losing weight?/overeating?

Good morning all!   First of all, I’d like to say I am on day 12 of my first Whole30 and it’s already been a success!  I had a major sugar addiction, which was the reason for embarking on this journey.  

I have not had sugar of any kind for 12 days and I am shocked that I don’t even want it!!  I had not had a day without sugar in decades!  This program has helped me realize, you only crave sugar when you eat sugar!   What an epiphany!  

I am a vegetarian and always thought myself to eat somewhat clean, not a lot of processed foods, very little dairy, and so, this program didn’t depart too much from my usual diet.   (I have added eggs (a lot of eggs) to my diet for this program, and a lot more healthy fats than I am accustomed to. However!  Being on this program, I’ve realized how much better I feel without grains and sugar!!!  My energy levels are amazing, no more sugar ‘crashes’, and, the mere fact that I am not consuming sugar, makes this a success.   I think my Whole30 journey will continue as a part of my lifestyle, and not stop at 30 days, as I initially thought.  

Having said all that, the reason for my post.  I can tell i am not actually losing any weight, which, while was not my motivation for doing this, would Be really nice!  I wonder if I am overeating.  I am never hungry.  Ever.   If I need to modify what I am eating, I’d like to figure that out now, before I complete the 30 days and step on the scale with no loss.  

I use the Whole30 day by day journal to track and to motivate me (I highly recommend this journal, I look forward to reading about my every day and tips and tricks!). I suspect I am overeating, and wanted to get some input?  

Here is is an average day.  

Meal1: 3 egg frittata with spinach and tomatoe cooked in avacado oil.  1/2 avacado.  Coffee with unsweetened almond milk. 

Meal2:  large spinach salad with roasted carrots, roasted sweet potatoe, 6 olives stuffed with almond, 1 boiled egg, 1/2 avacado, balsamic Vinegar and avacado oil. 

Snack:  orange with about an ounce of raw almonds.

Meal3:  sweet potatoe patty x2  (made with diced cauliflower, egg, almond flour, sweet potatoe and hot sauce), 2 boiled eggs, 1/2 avacado, tomatoe. 

I wonder if I am eating too much sweet potatoe, as they are honestly a part of almost every meal.  Should I limit those?   Or perhaps I’ve added too much healthy fats?

Any input would be appreciated!  Thnx!  

• Moderators

HUGE CONGRATS on the NSVs you're having!!

If you are never hungry, take a look at the Meal Template recommended amounts and see if they match up. How much sweet potato are you eating per day? A fist-sized portion per day is a good amount to aim for. Maybe sub in some other veggies to your meals so you're still getting a good amount and variety - greens are always a good choice.

As you noted, weight loss is not a given on this program, as your body is healing and that is its first priority. Patience, and focus on how you're feeling. You can do this!

Archived