Gigi's Whole30 1st Time

GigiBraun

Hi...I stated January 19 but am only now getting into the swing with this forum.  So here we go!

Day 1 (Jan 19)  Breakfast:  Eggs, potatoes, pineapple, Mid-day:  Ground beef & onions over cabbage with salsa and guacamole,  Evening:  Cashews, dried mango, apple

Day 2 (Jan 20)  Breakfast: Homemade sausage patty, eggs, pineapple, Mid-Day: Chicken Taco salad (Pg 6 of W30 Slow Cooker book...loved his salad!), Evening: Mango slices, cashews

Day 3 (Jan 21) Breakfast:  Homemade sausage patty, eggs, pineapple, Mid-Day: W30 Walmart Bowl (in the process of packing up our old house so had this on the fly...no so impressed), Evening:  Shepherd's Pie (Page 350 W30 Book...liked this recipe), blueberries, cashews 

Day 4  (Jan 22) Breakfast: Leftover Shepherd's Pie, Mid-Day: Salmon, potatoes, Brussels sprouts, Evening: Tuna salad, Chomp beef stick, mandarin orange, cashews

Nice work @GigiBraun I haven't tracked my meals - like, at all - felt too reminiscent of WW experience and not my jam. I saw that Walmart had pre-made W30 bowls - I cook everything from scratch and don't like processed food so, I probably wouldn't like it either - in a pinch though...

Just sailing through the end of day 21 - 3 weeks already! Keep up the good work - managing this and a move is impressive!

Lorna

Thank you for the encouragement, Lorna!

Day 5 (Jan 23) Breakfast:  Eggs, bacon, pineapple, Mid-Day:  Chipotle salad with carnitas, Evening: Chomps beef stick, grapes, cashews, mandarin, 1/2 apple.

This was the first time we ate out and it was a good experience...we haven't eaten very often at Chipotle but it was tasty and filling. 

Going back to work on the old house again today...these days are taxing for sure...bringing a Chomps stick and an orange and prepped the Cioppino recipe from W30 so all I have to do when we get home is warm the tomato vegetable base and add the seafood and dinner will be ready!

Gigi

Day 7 (January 25) Breakfast:  Homemade sausage, eggs, potatoes, banana, pineapple, Mid-day: Beef, sauerkraut, potato, 1/2 Lara Bar, Evening: Smoked salmon, grapes.

I really haven't had a lot of cravings and feel satisfied most of the time.  The hardest meal is breakfast as meat and eggs and vegetables are not what I have been used to...but I am doing fine.  My husband is doing this as well, and he has been pleasantly surprised by the Whole 30 recipes.  I have noticed some days I feel much more tired than I am used to feeling.  I have Psoriatic Arthritis and I do believe the morning stiffness is not so bad...I am hoping the Whole30 will help with the inflammation.

Day 8 (January 26) Breakfast:  Ground beef and tomatoes over cabbage, guacamole, salsa, banana, pineapple, Mid-Day: Chomp Beef stick, grapes, date,  Evening: Salmon, cauliflower 'rice' with carrot, celery, leeks, seasoned with compliant bacon and sausage.  Snack:  Lara bar

I do think the morning stiffness from the Psoriatic Arthritis is better though the pain is still there.  I felt pretty energetic until after dinner then I felt like a mac truck ran over me. Onward and onward!

Day 9 (January 27) Breakfast:  Bacon, eggs, pineapple, banana, Mid-Day Chomp Turkey stick, 1/2 Chomp Venison Stick, Mandarin, compliant Kombucha, Evening:  Ground beef patty, baked potato strips, tomato, onion, dill pickle, date, mango strips.

The morning stiffness from the Psoriatic Arthritis is quite a bit better.  There is still pain but I know some of that is from the permanent joint erosion, so not much can help there.  I am grateful the stiffness is better!

Day 10 (January 28) Breakfast:  Omelet with a little bit of bacon, tomatoes, pineapple, banana, Mid-Day:  Pork chop, mixed green salad with cherry tomatoes, Evening, Oregon Dungeoness Crab Louie, dates, 1.2 Beef Chomp stick, 1/2 Opal apple, cashews

I have not had any real cravings...some 'thoughts' that such and such sounded good, but no real desire to have them. I did have conflicting thoughts the night of Day 7 about all the work it is to shop and prepare and cook, but those thoughts were overcome by the realization that I feel peaceful physically and emotionally, about doing this.  So today is Day 11. 

Day 14 (February 1) Omelet, blueberries, raspberries, tomatoes, Mid-Day: Pot roast with carrots, celery, onions, potato, Evening:  Chomp beef stick, orange, cashews.

Day 15 (February 2) Breakfast:  Bacon, eggs, pineapple, mandarin, banana, Mid-Day: Hash made with leftover pot roast, celery, carrots, potato, onion, salad with romaine and tomatoes, Evening: Compliant beef hot dogs (2), sauerkraut, applesauce, cashews.

Day 17 (February 4) Sausage and eggs, orange, banana, Mid-Day: Salmon, baked potato, green beans, Evening:  Banana, mango, cashews, mandarin.

Day 18 (February 5) Omelet with bacon, pineapple, orange, Mid-Day: Rx bar, ground beef patty, baked potato, onion, pickle, Evening:  Beef vegetable soup, applesauce.

I still am doing much better with less morning stiffness from the Psoriatic Arthritis...I am assuming it is because my inflammation levels are better...HOPE HOPE!  Got to play out in the snow with the puppy today...so much fun!

Archived