Wellness Poster

Angie

Hi,

I am doing a poster and resource sheet for a Safety and Wellness fair where I work. It is a medium sized blood center (1000+ people) and I hope to open people's eyes and spread the word about the Whole30 program and Paleo lifestyle (not to mention, making them realize Weight Watchers doesn't work). My plan is to have a folded poster board and then a handout for people to take that lists the many books, websites, podcasts, and documentaries that people can refer to to learn more information. So my request for ideas comes in here.... There is so much information I could present on a poster board, but I need it to be eye catching, interesting and leave people interested in learning more about the message I am trying to convey. I was thinking of using Hippocrates quote...Let Food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food as the "title" of the poster board and then perhaps list foods that are toxins (sugar, industrial seed oils, soy, cereal grains and dairy) and explain briefly that they cause inflammation in they body and how this expresses itself (rashes, joint pain, digestive issues, etc), then perhaps list out the foods we need to fuel our body.

Looking for feedback and ideas for getting the biggest bang for my buck on a smallish poster board. Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

• Moderators

I like your idea for a title. However, I might then list foods that are the best - meat, seafood, eggs, vegetables, fruit, and good fats like avocado, olives, and coconut. Then deal with several popular misconceptions such as calcium, cholesterol, and fiber to tweak interest. I would not actively attack the bad stuff in a poster session.

1. The calcium in dark leafy vegetables is more bioavailable than the calcium in dairy, so eat more kale.

2. Eating cholesterol does not make your cholesterol levels high, so enjoy eggs - a great source of protein and more than a dozen essential nutrients.

3. The fiber in vegetables matches the fiber in whole grains, and exceeds the nutritional contribution of grains by a long shot, so eat more veggies.

For background, see the Whole 9 Nutrition in 60 seconds piece at http://whole9life.co...in-60-seconds/. You might also consider highlighting what's on the Whole9 Seasonal Shopping Guide - http://whole9life.co...oduce-2012.pdf.

The seasonal shopping guide would make a nice handout too.

Archived