Starting 3/25/19

Haley Freking

I'm starting Whole30 for the first time! I'm very nervous, but ready to eat clean. I have a 14 month old toddler at home and it is going to be hard to meal prep because I have no time it feels like to get anything done already as it is. Any recommendations are welcome! I have done Keto, but this is MUCH harder! Ready to set a good example for my child!

• Whole30 Certified Coach

I think you'll do just fine! You're past the mental hump of no sugar, no bread, no cereals ;) If you're on Instagram, check out Kelsey at littlebitsof_realfood as she'll post every few days of how she splits her paleo (she's not on a Whole30 round) foods with her 8.5 month old baby, it might give you some ideas so you don't feel like you have to make something special for your baby. I don't meal prep, I live pretty much as close to Whole30 as I can because of reactions to most of the eliminated food groups. I will plan 2-3 meals per week, then rotate them between lunches and dinners. My breakfast is pretty boring, just vegetables and a chicken apple sausage with a side of guac; I'll cook 8 sausages for the week, then dump a sausage in a container with veg and off to work I go. :D A lot of people find success in prepping several proteins (plain-ish - baked, instant pot) with a bunch of different vegetables so they can mix and match to create different dishes throughout the week (add taco seasonings, bbq sauce, ranch, etc). And thank goodness steak is Whole30 compliant :)

Hope that helped a little!

Archived