What is GOING on down there and everywhere?!

Misternme

So I started Whole30 on Monday (that’s 4 days in). I’m officially on day 4. Let me timeline this so maybe someone can add this up and make better sense of it.
Day 1 was fine, except by the end of the day, I had a sore throat and was feeling a little congested.

Day 2, still congested sore throat gone, a little tired, nothing crazy.  

Day 3 I noticed I had some of that, er, um itching down there, and now I feel like I have a full blown cold, don’t feel like I slept enough when I woke up, but not tired through the day. Had a headache SOOO BAD I had to take two Advil. 

Day 4: Lady parts itching pretty much gone, but replaced with a foreign scent (sorry TMI but I gotta know what’s going on here so full disclosure), tired, still congested, headache again so bad took two more Advil. (I’m a single mom to a 4 year old boy and work a pretty high profile job so a headache so bad that it could hinder either of those things has to be dealt with).

I read on another thread the “symptoms” or candida die off. I’m trying to figure out if that’s what’s going on, if I have leaky gut, hyperthyroidism, if I’m going to just implode at any given moment (sorry for the escalation but navigating this brings out the theatrics). 
I just started taking Vitamin C 1000mg, as I read if it IS candida die off that helps. 

For the most part, I’ve been eating: 

scrambled eggs, 1 apple every day

a handful of mixed raw nuts (cashews, walnuts, macadamia nuts, almonds)

an epic bar

a huge salad made of cabbage, kale with primal brands green goddess dressing

meat (chicken drumsticks or beef cooked in ghee) with some vegetable (broccoli or cauliflower mash) 

and I’ve had a half a sweet potato with coconut oil every day

Can anyone help explain what in the world is going on here? And I doing this right? 

• Administrators

Hm, there can be some "recalibration" that goes on including with our gal-parts.....but I can't say specifically that's what it is. Could be coincidence? If you are concerned you should see a dr as we cannot give you medical advice.

As far as headache, that's pretty common in the first few days, especially depending on how you used to eat.  Just as tweaks I would suggest including cooked veggies and a fat with your breakfast, ditch the apple, ditch the nuts and the epic bar should really only be used for emergencies. The cold-symptoms - yes, not uncommon when starting the program, your body may be a bit distracted dealing with the adjustment and a bug might've gotten in.

It also doesn't sound like you're eating enough overall which can also cause problems with energy and headache. 

19 hours ago, ladyshanny said:

Hm, there can be some "recalibration" that goes on including with our gal-parts.....but I can't say specifically that's what it is. Could be coincidence? If you are concerned you should see a dr as we cannot give you medical advice.

As far as headache, that's pretty common in the first few days, especially depending on how you used to eat.  Just as tweaks I would suggest including cooked veggies and a fat with your breakfast, ditch the apple, ditch the nuts and the epic bar should really only be used for emergencies. The cold-symptoms - yes, not uncommon when starting the program, your body may be a bit distracted dealing with the adjustment and a bug might've gotten in.

It also doesn't sound like you're eating enough overall which can also cause problems with energy and headache. 

Thanks for the input! So this morning I made eggs with coconut oil, I still had the apple as I went in for bloodwork this morning for insurance reasons. I forgot to add that I have been eating steamed broccoli every night. But today and yesterday and even the day before, I haven’t had much of an appetite. 
I also noticed today I started spotting. It’s day 5 and I start Whole30 two days after my period ended so not even mid cycle yet. Very weird. 

Archived