PepperP W30 Log

PepperP75

I'm going to push myself to keep this updated.  I'm notorious for starting journals and then forgetting about them. 

A co-worker and I are starting a round of Whole30 together on January 1st, this is round 1 for me and 2 for her.  I remember this time last year she was just finishing her 1st round and had tried to talk me into doing it with her.  I had 100 excuses why I couldn't. 

I've officially gotten to the point where I have to "re-parent my inner child". My IC loves ice cream and cakes, especially when they are good because they were raised with food as a reward. Now I have to to convince her that other things are just as good and SHE LOVES BRUSSEL SPROUTS! :P

I managed to find an online food blogger that not only had week by week meal plans but also instructions for prepping them and grocery lists!

FYI have zero issue eating the same thing multiple days in a row.

Week 1 Meal Plan (this an abbreviated week since we are starting on a Wednesday, all following weeks will start on Sunday)

Wednesday 1/1

Breakfast: Apple Chicken Sausage w/ Brussel Sprouts

Lunch: Spicy Chicken with lemon broccoli and sweet potato chunks

Dinner: Slow cooker chili

Thursday 1/2

Breakfast: Apple Chicken Sausage w/ Brussel Sprouts

Lunch: Spicy Chicken with lemon broccoli and sweet potato chunks

Dinner: Lemon chicken piccata with mashed potatoes and asparagus

Friday 1/3

Breakfast: Chia pudding with banana, berries, and almond butter

Lunch: Spicy Chicken with lemon broccoli and sweet potato chunks

Dinner: Sloppy Joe stuffed bake potato with side salad

Saturday 1/4

Lunch: Leftover Chili

Dinner: Buffalo Chicken wings with dump ranch, potato wedges, and veggie dippers

Sunday 1/5

Lunch: Leftover Sloppy Joes

Dinner: Beef filet with chimmichurri, red potatoes, and green beans

R1D1

I decided to weigh myself this morning before putting up my scale for the next 30 days.

SW: 200

For breakfast I had my apple and chicken sausage with brussel sprouts that I had prepped yesterday.  It was really good. My cat stole half of one of my sausages but I was getting full anyway. I'm used to eating one link, so two was almost to much with the sprouts. I drank my coffee black. When I woke up I immediately started getting moody about my lack of creamer but didn't want to get out my immersion blender because my kitchen was still in shambles from prepping and my kids NYE party. I decided to just bite the bullet and drink it black...I didn't die.  It wasn't even that bad. I actually liked it better than when I used Nutpods.

Lunch was the spicy chicken, broccoli, and sweet potatoes.  It was also really good, and filling.

I've been sipping lemon water all day while I clean and have started noticing a slight headache but nothing life shattering.

R1D2

Today was my first day back from work since the holidays. I packed my breakfast and lunch to take with me. I noticed when i got to work I had a little bit of irritability, I was quite cross that the lights in the building were off...spoiler alert...they are always off. For some reason today it made me upset. Had my coffee black but added a little knob of ghee to it. Had my same spicy chicken for lunch. By the end of the day I was getting super tired and my joints hurt. I have a history of Lyme's so the joint thing, not surprising. One of my goals for this was to decrease my inflammation and see if anything I eat is making me feel worse.

Came home and by the time I got here I was irritable.  I made my 16 year old leave and hang out with her friends because she was asking for Whataburger. Gave her some cash and threatened to start talking about her ex-boyfriend if she didn't go get her burger...AND EAT IT THERE. I made a great chicken piccata recipe that was W30 approved. I'm loving mashed potatoes with ghee and almond milk. Also had some roasted asparagus with it. Irritability...gone!

On to Day 3!!

R1D3 and D4

This is a double update! So far I haven't gotten the dreaded "hangover". I had a headache when I got up this morning but it was easily resolved with Excedrin and a cup of black coffee.  I have been very thirsty so I've increased my water intake.  I'm wondering if my increase use of salt in cooking may be holding off the hangover.

Yesterday I had my chia pudding for breakfast...it was delicious. I'm making an effort to try new things and I'm glad I did with this. All it is is chia seeds, unsweetened almond milk, almond butter, banana, and raspberries! Had the last of my spicy chicken for lunch.  Dinner was a little late since I went walking with friends.  We stopped at Smoothie King, did you know the MangoFest was Whole30 compliant? Things you learn. Funny story, my friend who is not on this journey with me got the same drink. She hated it. Said it wasn't sweet at all and threw most of it out. To me it was just right, I think if I had gotten a regular smoothie I would have gagged. I still only drank a 1/4 of the smallest size they make. Everyone else got the 32oz because it was $5 Friday and gave me poop because I got the 20oz. Why would I pay for a giant smoothie I'm not even going to drink? Then I came home and aye some leftover chicken piccatta.

Today I had another chia pudding for breakfast with my black coffee and Excedrin. I'm grateful the headache doesn't linger or is so bad I can't function. For lunch I had some leftover chili. Tonight I'm making a really good sloppy joe recipe served over baked potatoes with a side salad...YUM.

R1D5

Today was a lot of leftovers. I had my last chia pudding for breakfast before church.  After church we headed to Whole Foods to buy some items I couldn't find for my Walmart order. Last night I watched Food Inc and will never buy my meat from a regular store again. It was pricier but I am permanently scarred for life after watching the camera footage of the "kill floor". Lunch was the last of my chili and dinner was sloppy joe leftovers on a baked potato. I've hit that point where things are starting to taste different. I never thought I would say an apple is "to sweet".

Week 2 Meal Plan

B: Buffalo Chicken Breakfast Casserole (M-F), Smoothie Bowl (Sat/Sun)

L: Bacon Apple Chicken Salad w/ Baby Carrots (M-W), Zuppa Toscana (Th), Leftover Sweet & Sour Chicken (F), Taco Soup(Sat), Leftovers (Sun)

D: Steaks w/ mashed potato and side salad (M), BBQ Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin (T), Zuppa Toscana (W), Sweet & Sour Chicken (Th), Poblano Lime Soup (F), Beef & Brocolli Bowls (Sat), Perfect Pot Roast (Sun)

Archived