Starting My First Whole30 Jan 1, 2020

sylvie3355

Thank you.  Today is almost over, I meal to go.  So far, so good.  I just need to figure out fruit.  I didn't meal plan today so I just ate plainly but tmr headed to Whole Foods with my list in hand and my menu planned for the week so it will go smoother I'm sure.  Thanks for the encouragement.  I greatly appreciate it!  Happy 2020!

I've made it to Day 5.  My moods have been up and down and up and down so I'm hoping as I travel further down this path they will even out.  I have noticed more energy though so I'll take whatever small wins I can gain!  Michelle A, hope your sugar dragon isn't getting the best of you.  Yesterday was a doozy for me but today I feel more calm so wishing that for you as well! :)

Yes, we made it to day 5.  Yea!  I thought I had been doing so well, I went and purchased what I thought would be some good ideas to take to work tomorrow, as that will be a challenge. I do fairly well on the weekend but my work is a challenge.  Always so many temptations around. I thought the Bare Simply Banana chips would be a good option. Just ate 1/2 cup of them and now I find they are not Whole 30 compliant so I guess I have blown it. So far that is the first mistake I have made, that I am aware of anyway. I will say today I was feeling hungrier than the previous days and have had a headache today.  Hopefully tomorrow goes better.

Good luck 

Michelle

Don't worry, I don't know what the experts say but since you didn't eat them knowing they weren't compliant, you should cut yourself some slack. I'm sure hardcore ppl would say start over, but if my memory serves me well, all the ingredients are whole30 compliant, but they just want you to get out of the habit of snacking on not-whole foods I'm guessing.

Do you have amazon prime?  I know they sell those chomp meat sticks there.  Maybe that's a good portable option.  Also, I've been drinking a lot of tea (green, peppermint) or just hot lemon water during the day.  Make sure the tea only has what it says it has in it before you take a sip :)

Keep it going.  We're almost done with day 8!!!

Hi Michelle,

I'm so glad things are going great!  Day 17 almost done for me!  It's been a bit of an up and down journey for me as I came in loving sugar and carbs so although I don't have any brain fog and more energy, I have yet to see Tiger Blood so I'm a bit frustrated.  I know in the Whole 30 Day by Day journal that I'm using that Tiger Blood doesn't happen to everybody and you just need to focus on the improvements no matter how small they are, but I was looking for a switch to turn on to be honest.  Still I am only half way thru and maybe my body needs more time to adjust to the new routine of no sugar, no gluten....

Congrats to you, Michelle and I hope things continue to go well for you!!!

Nancy

Archived