Chicken... It's what's for dinner. Chlorine... It isn't.

Mitch33

Hi all, 

I stopped eating store bought Chicken because of the amount of Chlorine that is used to soak the birds. I knew they sprayed the birds, but assumed they washed them all off. I got an intense Chlorine smell one day from a package and did more research, finding out that they soak them for hours, then use a chemical called PAA. 

When asked about this practice, they all wormed their way around the question, so that leads me to believe it's true. 

Does anybody have a good source of Chicken?

Thanks. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Mitch33 said:

Hi all, 

I stopped eating store bought Chicken because of the amount of Chlorine that is used to soak the birds. I knew they sprayed the birds, but assumed they washed them all off. I got an intense Chlorine smell one day from a package and did more research, finding out that they soak them for hours, then use a chemical called PAA. 

When asked about this practice, they all wormed their way around the question, so that leads me to believe it's true. 

Does anybody have a good source of Chicken?

Thanks. 

If you don't want to eat 'store bought' chicken then you'll likely need to find a farmer or a CSA in your area that you can go directly to the farmer.

Archived