Im Just not hungry

I am on Day 16.  I have not been hungry since about Day 10 and really have to force myself to eat.  Yesterday I had 

Breakfast - 2 eggs w/ asparagus  and tomatoes 

No lunch - just not hungry 

Dinner - Chicken Stirfry with Broccoli, green beans and mushrooms (only had about 1/2 chicken breast and a cup of veggies)

That has been about the same since Day 10 and today, I am totally not hungry - almost can't force myself to eat.  Help! 

Hey Tristacia

I've had this before on previous rounds. For me it was food boredom essentially. I just had no appetite. I've found that trying a few new recipes that look exciting, or even having a favorite meal Whole 30 style (for me it's something taco related - taco salad or something I call a potaco which is a potato loaded with taco topings) makes a huge difference. Also if you've been eating the same foods for each meal, try varying it a bit. This will pass as you get used to and start looking forward to various Whole 30 meals.

It may also be that when you are eating quality and nutritious food, you just need less than you are used to needing. Or sometimes hormone fluctuations can cause a few days of disinterest in food. 

• 5 months later...

Hey Tristacia,

Thanks so much for posting your question. I am feeling the same way as you since day 10, breakfast is great not hungry for lunch and meh for dinner. I have lots of variety to choose from. Glad I am not alone. Thanks, Leigh for the insight! I guess this to shall pass as our bodies figure it out. ;) 

Archived