Start date April 28

SuzyH

This is my 1st Whole 30 & I’m pretty nervous about it. I’ve tried many different “diets” & exercise plans without good results. I keep feeling worse & worse, getting weaker, sicker, & fatter. I guess I’ve finally hit bottom & I’m sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. I’m hoping I can make positive/healthy changes in my life & stick with them. I just want to be healthy & strong so I can do the things I want to do. Thank you for this opportunity and the support. I’ll need it. Good luck to everyone embarking on the Whole 30.

Get it Suzy!

There will likely be a few days in there where you feel utterly miserable: just don’t give up and keep to it as it will pass.  Also try to do better than I am doing in my first W30, get out and walk more than I did haha.

Day 25 for me now but think going to keep with it after maybe a half day off, hasn’t been the profound energetic miracle that others have experienced but working 80+ hours a week probably ain’t helping haha. 

Anyway keep checking in!

Thanks for the advise & encouragement. Congrats on making it to day 25! Great job! I imagine all the working hours is making the energy miracle harder to see. Not much down time for you. Try and keep your eyes out for the small improvements & not be focused on waiting for the big “Aha” moments. Be grateful for the small things as they say :) 

Gonna try & get my cupboards cleaned out tomorrow & get my shopping & menus done. Thanks again for the encouragement!

Hi Susie!  Just sending some encouragment!

I felt very similar when I began my W30 Journey on March 16. After day four, it was  much easier, & by Day 10, cravings had vanished & a sense of Well Being came. Finished on April 14 & am now in the testing phase. So glad I did this! So worth it!

From my blog: 
Tip - the day before starting, make the (easy) W30 Mayo & make a chicken salad w/ that & celery. I served mine with toasted almonds, lettuce & grapes. So good. Keeping this on hand really helps the Journey! Keeping homemade chili on hand helped also. So good with avocado.

Also, I can't face eggs for breakfast, so I had half a baked sweet potato. ***And there is approved W30 BACON! *** YES!

For dinner - any kind of roast works & you can have mashed potatoes with ghee! Heaven! Or roasted potatoes. Or hash browns! Also loved sides of french green beans with spring onion, cucumbers in vinegar , squash & sliced tomatoes. Also slaw, tossed salad & Spinach Salad.

For snacks - most RX bars are approved -"
(I didn't discover these until DAY 29! So good that they are almost a problem! I struggle to just eat one a day!

All the best on your Journey!

Thank you so much for the encouragement, support & tips! So glad you made it through your Whole 30. Great job! Keep it up & stay healthy. I Made it through Day 1 & half way through Day 2. Doing ok so far. Cravings havent hit too bad yet. Gonna make up a big batch of Turkey Burgers & Salmon Cakes, and make a breakfast casserole. Cut up a bunch of veggies & cleaned some blueberries & strawberries. Hopefully after that I can take a break from prep/cooking for a day or 2. :) Take care!

3 hours ago, SuzyH said:

Thank you so much for the encouragement, support & tips! So glad you made it through your Whole 30. Great job! Keep it up & stay healthy. I Made it through Day 1 & half way through Day 2. Doing ok so far. Cravings havent hit too bad yet. Gonna make up a big batch of Turkey Burgers & Salmon Cakes, and make a breakfast casserole. Cut up a bunch of veggies & cleaned some blueberries & strawberries. Hopefully after that I can take a break from prep/cooking for a day or 2. :) Take care!

Nice Suzy!

I actually fell down in the last few days of my first Whole30, all those working hours, an interruption to my meal plans, and my mortgage that literally went pear-shaped in the 11th hour and I just lost it.

Another NSV that I had, the 28 days I made it I didn't have heartburn once, not one single time.  I'm in the second day off and admittedly I haven't been eating well, and guess what, there's a little heartburn.  Fortunately I got the meal service restarted this afternoon, so I will start eating somewhat better but I think I'm going to wait till I get this mortgage closed (allegedly clear to close is coming today, thanks for the miss and the dog ate my homework excuses) and then once I get settled in the new place I'll really focus on getting a full 30 days in but it's clear I'm just better with on Whole30 or a similar eating pattern (Paleo / Keto perhaps) and the junk I had for lunch today after the mortgage nearly going into a tailspin clearly isn't what I should be eating.

Anyway my first couple days on W30 were not big deal, around Day 5 it started getting ugly and I definitely went through the KILL ALL THINGS! stage over the next several days.  We'll see if I have similar when I get back in but as long as I'm mostly eating clean I shouldn't have fallen too far.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Revelate! So sorry things have been rough lately. Glad you are noticing the NSV’s. Hope things will level out for you soon. Hang in there. Day 12 for me. Doing ok. Cravings haven’t been too bad. Seem a little worse the last 2 days. Need to find some new breakfast options. If I have to eat another f’ing egg for breakfast, I might die :) All things considered, I’m feeling pretty good. Thanks !

Archived