W30 v4.0 - Day -3

Lorna from Canada

Today's preparation involves getting back home and making sure we have everything there that we need to get going. We've been spending a few days in our trailer which we have set up for the winter in a park about 40km from where we live. Its been really beautiful here but it is supposed to rain on and off for the rest of the week so we might as well go home. Home is an apartment on the 20th floor in an urban village near Toronto. I love the convenience of living in an apartment except during a pandemic... being in our trailer where we can easily get out and about is quite a lovely change!

This afternoon I will put in my TRUlocal order for bacon and pork shoulders and spare ribs - our freezer is already full of amazing chicken, beef, fish, seafood but W30 needs pulled pork and sugar free/nitrate free bacon!

Hubs and I have toyed with the idea of meal planning for months but haven't done it. I think today might be a good time to try that - it will take some of the pressure off. We both have crazy work schedules and it is too easy for us to get to 7PM and not have anything planned for dinner. That is never a good scenario! I will suggest we do some planning today when we get home.

Other than that, I need to check my ingredients to make sure I have what I need. We're low on vegetables so definitely need to put together a instacart order. Onward.

image.png

Archived