Day 11- The fog is lifting... I think????

Acer75

Ok- I want to start out saying something about cooking for this Whole30. I am generally a good cook and since I was previously living the 80/20 Primal lifestyle , veggies were no stranger or enemy to me. HOWEVER.... Paleo whole 30 definitely forced me to kick it up a notch, or maybe more like 3 notches. My cutting boards are getting a workout.Preparing veggies is taking a ton of work and time. Atleast in my opinion and I am not sure there is any way to reduce that work.

At the same time, it's really cool that I still have some frozen produce from my garden stashed away in the deep freese or dried , like onions, garlic and tomatoes. I LOVE THAT!

I will admit this meal prep has kicked my butt. I have a spouse who is doing this with me and keeping him fed is like keeping a small army fed. He eats alot and he's not a big guy. He's just athletic and burns calories like a gazelle (I hate him for that)so I am constantly going through the sweet pototoes and avocado's to keep him feeling satisfied. A crock pot of stew doesn't last long in our house.

I have been through a roller coaster of experiences but it's been the last day or two that I have started feel like I am coming out of a fog I didn't know I was in. My energy levels are up and I have resumed some concerted strength training again. I even got in one interval WO this week and felt better than I have in avery long time.

As good as I feel, I still want bad things that I can't have and I will unabashedly admit that I am looking forward to eating that Brie cheese that has been sitting in my fridge since New Year's when this over .

I will be curious to see how I react to dairy now that I have been off of it. I have heard that sometimes a person may not know if dairy bothers them until they come off it for a period of time. So we will see. I am also looking forward to having coffee without coconut milk. I hate that stuff. It's not a good replacement for half and half. No one will ever convince me of that!

I keep doing self mental /reality checks.. how do I feel overall? Am I better? or am I just imagining it? or am I just trying to talk myself into believing I feel better because I am supposed to feel better eating this way?

I think overall I do feel better.. but honestly after reading some of the past experiences of people, I am a bit disappointed. I have not had any major "OMG, I feel like a million bucks" kind of improvement. I suppose everyone reacts differently. What will be the real test for me is my energy levels over the next several days and how my workouts go.

Now, off to plan more meals.. and get to the store for more veggies...:)

Well done you. Keep up the good work. I don't know if this is what you want to hear but I did a W60 have stuck 90% compliant since and am now on day 13 of another W30 and I've never once had an OMG moment of the kind some people get. What I have got is the sure knowledge that in quiet, little ways I'm a lot better than I was before. I have seen improvements in my health, ok I've a long way to go but the road of a thousand miles etc.... I have a better relationship with food and I know I'm doing the best I can for myself. So keep it up and just rejoice in the improvements you do feel. Each day is another adventure.

Thanks for your honesty in how you feel, Acer75. I, too, was hardly having any carbs or dairy before I started, and I'm disappointed in how my body's reacting. I'm on Day 14, and apart from a few hours here and there, still have less energy than I had before. Today I feel SHOCKING.

Let's hope we turn the corner in the next few days and perk up a bit. Don't give up! :)

Archived