Hoping to cure Collagenous colitis and stop taking Paxil

corgikary

Today is my first day of Whole30. I have collagenous colitis. The medication Entocort which is a steroid, helped for sure. I was on it for 11 weeks. One of the possible reasons for getting this type of colitis could be from the medication Paxil. I don't want to be on medications where one causes a problem that requires the other. 

I have been curious if what I am eating can change things around. So here I go.

Anyone else out there that was able to stop taking an antidepressant due to a diet change ? Looking forward to discovering what foods will improve my health.

• Moderators
12 hours ago, corgikary said:

Anyone else out there that was able to stop taking an antidepressant due to a diet change

Depression and mood disorders have been discussed at length on this forum and some of those discussions are around medication - google Whole30 forum + depression for instance to get the previous conversations.

Please make sure that you are speaking with your care team about potentially going off medication - not only do some meds have a withdrawal concern but your doctor and health care providers should be checking in regularly with you to make sure that you're doing well and adjust/add meds back if needed. If you can't go off the meds, can you look at switching to something different? Paxil is an SSRI and there are quite a few options in that category to potentially try.

Archived