Breakfast before yoga?

Jjmazza

Hey there!  I'm starting my 5th whole30 soon, but I've always struggled with one thing. I'm a yogi and I practice for 30-45 minutes in the morning after water and tea and follow it up with strength training.  Yoga is meant to be done on an empty stomach, but this gets tricky while trying to follow the rule of eating breakfast within an hour of waking.  I typically have a light snack after yoga to fuel my weightlifting session. Does anyone have any workaround tips here?  Thanks in advance!

• Administrators
On 2/8/2023 at 10:49 AM, Jjmazza said:

Hey there!  I'm starting my 5th whole30 soon, but I've always struggled with one thing. I'm a yogi and I practice for 30-45 minutes in the morning after water and tea and follow it up with strength training.  Yoga is meant to be done on an empty stomach, but this gets tricky while trying to follow the rule of eating breakfast within an hour of waking.  I typically have a light snack after yoga to fuel my weightlifting session. Does anyone have any workaround tips here?  Thanks in advance!

Hi! This is something that is a recommendation - eating breakfast within an hour of waking. Some people choose to work out fasted which is fine - we would just recommend that you make sure that you prioritize post-workout food which is in addition to your other three meals of the day. The trouble is when people inadvertently undereat because of their schedule.

• Thanks 1