New to Whole30 - Day 10 - Pants fit better . . . but still waiting for my life to change!

Shira1998

I started a Whole30 last Monday just to see if I could do it.  I love to eat and have always been thin in spite of my tendency to eat everything due to my high metabolism and frenetic ways, but have been carrying around 10 extra pounds or so, and have been feeling sluggish and bloated, and noticing my metabolism slowing down as I progress to middle age.  I have not successfully stuck with any kind of diet for more than 6 hours, so decided to do Whole30 as the rules seemed straightforward and I wanted to see if I could actually do it just as a test of willpower.  I am thrilled (and in disbelief) that I have been able to stick with it for so long.  My clothes are definitely fitting better now, and I am able to wear suits and dresses from 20 years ago, but I am not feeling tremendously better yet.  I am hoping to be able to feel more of the "life-changing" effects in the next 20 days.

• Administrators

Hi and congrats for being here and for having followed the Whole30 for 10 days. Realistically 10 days is too short a time for any "life change" but keep going. The first two weeks are generally your body and hormones resetting to your new 'normal'.