sweet potato "squares"

CAK911

I'm looking for a recipe where I shred sweet potatoes and then bake them in a pan, and then they can be cut out into squares. Does anyone have a recipe like this that isn't a dessert? I'm looking for something that isn't an egg bake.

It's basically for aesthetic reasons, but also texture. I want something that bakes up kind of firm and sliceable.

Many thanks for any ideas. If anyone has an "Almost Whole 30" recipe that is like this, let me know -- I'll try to mod it.

You could try something like this: http://paleomg.com/sweet-potato-and-apple-breakfast-patties/ -- I had to add some almond flour to get it to stick together, and could never really get it to hold together in the pan, so now I just make a hash. But your luck may be better than mine. Or maybe you could add just one egg, or some egg whites, to give it shape and hold it together.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have made a carrot souffle before that would slice but it has eggs in it- though it doesn't taste like eggs. As I recall the carrots were cooked then pureed, mixed with seasonings and beaten eggs and bakes in a dish. I would google "sweet potato souffle" to get a base recipe to w30 up.

I'm looking for a recipe where I shred sweet potatoes and then bake them in a pan, and then they can be cut out into squares. Does anyone have a recipe like this that isn't a dessert? I'm looking for something that isn't an egg bake.

What I ended up doing is shredding a sweet potato, adding an egg, melted coconut oil and some spices, and then laying it out on a cookie sheet (with foil under it). Cooked at 400 for about an hour and ended up with great little sweet potato squares that I've been using to layer anything from meat and veggies to almond butter and bananas on. Turned out great!

Archived