NSAID's and Whole30..am I undoing the good?

suzytee

I am on day 21 of my first Whole30 and it's going well. I didn't have any huge "apparent" issues to overcome. My hubby and I started this to help our 30 year old mentally handicapped, obese, son lose weight. And it's working, but we knew it had to be a family affair and that we would all greatly benefit. I take a low dose of ibuprofen each day and wouldn't make it through the night if I didn't take 2 before bed...a total of 4 200 mg. each day. I was just reading Chris Kressor's latest email on gut health and he mentions NSAID's as be a culprit in gut permeability. It makes sense and I was hoping that I might reduce enough inflammation to at least cut back a little. I haven't seen any improvement in this at all and now and wondering if while I'm trying to heal my gut I'm actually just continuing to hurt it and perhaps am not really going to reap the full gut healing that I need. I am starting to use more and more tumeric and hope that on a regular basis maybe I will see some improvement. Am I actually being noncompliant by taking these?

I have tried alot of things. I am going to make tumeric paste and have it in some coconut milk each night. I eat everything I can that supposedly reduces inflamation but I haven't tried this on a regular basis. Maybe it will do the job. Thanks for responding!

Archived