Whole 30 Number 4....but it's really so much more!

Donna Anne

Hi all:

Returning for my 4th W30....love this style of eating. Went off track at Thanksgiving and it went south ever since....So today is a successful day number 1 and here are my foods:

B: Eggs with steak, apple, coffee black

L: Salad greens, radishes, GF beef grilled, sweet potato slices

D: Chicken with ghee scampi sauce over fresh spinach greens Homemade butternut squash soup

S: Grapes

Nordic walk for 45 mins

Back to the grind. Slaying the sugar dragon. THWACK!

Grad school until 8pm after a long day of work but stayed compliant!

Day 2:

B: Eggs/Steak/Banana

L: Salad greens/Daikon, Organic carrots/ Steak

D: Chipotle on the run: Salad greens, Carnitas, Tomatoes, Guacamole, Fajita peppers and onion

S: Lara Bar

Nordic walk 45 mins

Day 3 Success, WOOOOT!!!!!

B: Eggs with Apple Wood uncured Bacon, banana

L: Salad Greens, GF Steak, organic baby carrots, apple

D: homemade guacamole/baby carrots, Organic Nieman Ranch Sausages grilled, Peppers and onions, Smashed Rutabegas with ghee

S: Orange

Feeling good, Nordic Walking 45 mins daily .......LOVE my NORDIC POLES

Do I have the strength to make this a W100???? B)

Hey! I found your thread!

I'm on Day 24. I've had one off wagon thing happen and it was this week. One morning I took a bite of my husband's hash brown from a fast food place. We had been in the ER all night (my daughter and I have been very sick this week) and I just did it without thinking about what I was doing! My husband looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Aren't you doing a Whole100?!" Then he very kindly made me a complaint breakfast. :)

Other than that, I've been doing great with this despite having two colds and the stomach flu since the start of January. I've learned to make some killer chicken soup in the pressure cooker I got for Christmas. That this is awesome.

Make it a Whole100! I'll go all the way to the end of your 100 days with you because I honestly think I'm going to stay on this through the rest of my pregnancy. I feel like if I'm already good to go eating this way, the best thing for me and baby is to stay eating this way.

You're about to enter the hard sugar cravings, aren't you? Day 4?! I'll check in here and be on FB now and then tomorrow for sure, so if you need someone to talk you out of any hard spells, hit me up! You can do this!!!

Oh Casey, so happy to be doing this with you again! Yes indeed, I will do a W100....WE can do this. Today is Day 4 and I am all swollen. Last night I had those night sweats I get carb withdrawing and vivid dreams with light sleep......Ugh, this part I hate but I will get through....

Day 4 done and put to bed!

B: Eggs/compliant bacon

S: apple

L: leftover sausage from dinner with peppers and onions

D: Cabbage and pork stir fry....

Okay, today was tough. It was my worse cravings day. Walked for 45 mins though....I know it will be downhill soon. I hope I sleep more soundly tonight...I hate this carb detox thing....

Ok, Day 25 was yesterday... and it was pretty bland. I'm still sick (I can't even believe it anymore), so I made a big pot of chicken and vegetable soup in my pressure cooker. I ate off that all day, plus had a banana.

The longer I'm sick, the harder of a time I'm having with weird, not good cravings. I keep wanting to just not care so I have to really watch myself! Luckily, the soup I made is really good. I went all out and bought pastured chicken to make this thing with, so I feel very inspired to make sure none of it goes to waste.

Donna - hang in there, you know it is just about to turn a corner and get better for you! I have to say, this go around I'm sleeping so much better than I have in a year. I think it's the combination of clean eating, doing yoga everyday (well, until I got sick) and being pregnant. :)

Hey Casey, How long does it take to do the pressure cooker Chicken soup? I need some bone broth. And Chocolate Chile....mmmmmmm. I am happy to hear your sleep problems diminished. Yoga is AWESOME. I find hot soup or hot herbal tea helps with my cravings. But pregnancy cravings.....a whole nother animal. How many weeks are you now? So exciting! How is Vega? Hubby?

Well today is day 5 and I will post foods later....I just Nordic walked 80 minutes in the bit of snow we got last night....Beautiful, brisk and sunny. On to household chores. Hubs made me compliant bacon while I walked the pup and myself....Having breakfast late but it's the weekend! Talk later!

There may be better recommendations, but in my desperate internet search earlier this week, I came across a recipe that had me pressure cook a whole chicken in 30 minutes, and keep the liquid for broth. Not the richest chicken broth, but it got the job done. What I did was cook the chicken, then removed the chicken, added the veggies and ingredients and pressure cooked all that for a couple minutes while I shredded the chicken. Then I put them all together and served.

I don't have many pregnancy cravings at this point, but being sick has definitely brought them out again. I suddenly want things like coconut ice cream very badly and actually have to remind myself why not to go out and buy it. It is like my brain will conveniently forget I'm not eating that stuff!

I'm actually really rocking the yoga this pregnancy. I've been taking an intermediate flow class and the teacher (who had a baby last year) is pretty amazed at how "graceful" I am. She told me she was falling down all over the place while she was pregnant. Ha, that was me when I was pregnant with Vega and I may still be in store for that yet. I'm 21 weeks along at this point and while my belly is definitely getting bigger, it isn't in the way yet.

Vega's still sick, but she's getting better. My husband is now stricken with the stomach flu, so I'm staying far away from him! No more illnesses! I think I'm going to hibernate in our house and yard until flu season is over at this point.

Are you running still? Everything in your community back together and good after Sandy?

Look at you with the Yoga! Sorry to hear about Vega's illness. Hubs sick (sometimes they are bigger babies) doesn't help. STAY AWAY. I was inspired by your soup. So I had some broth, and I unfroze it and threw in every vegetable I didn't use this week. I put in turnips, rutabegas, carrots, onions, celery, peppers, and some leftover frozen chicken cutlets and steamed that all morning as I cleaned the house. YUMMO. Hit the spot! Chock full of sweet root veggies. Hubs is in heaven for lunch. We are going to the movies for date night so I will bring raw almonds and organic raisins/cranberries with no sugar. I mix it up in a container and bring my water. And I will not look at my hubs popcorn....

No I am not running in the winter, it kills my lungs. Taking up Nordic pole walking, and love it. Must get back to gym for some Yoga and strength training. Life is crazy. I am teaching health on my lunch hour at school, grad school once a week and getting my non tenured portfolio essays done....CRAZY.

Our Jersey shore is a wreck.....so sad. Here we are fine. The water's edge, not so much at all. Rebuilding is starting but long way off....

wow, great night of sleep last night. First in one week since I started the program. I hate the first week but it is SO necessary to detox off all the carbs I am addicted to and I feel like things are moving in a wonderful direction now. Today I go to Whole Foods to stock up for the week and I want to make Chocolate Chili from Well Fed!

Yay for good sleep!

Day 26:

B: pastured sausage with spinach and onion

L: chicken/veggie soup

D: more soup and pineapple.

I really needed to eat more yesterday, but I just couldn't will myself to get in the kitchen and cook anything else!

We watched the documentary "The Perfect Human Diet" last night. My husband kept me up until after midnight talking about it. He all but committed to doing a Whole30. I don't understand how you can be so convinced to eat paleo... but just won't do it. But, at least I finally got to dissect his whole "this is extreme" attitude and I think he got the point that it is more extreme to eat foods that make you sick than it is to eat meat and vegetables. ;) Hopefully this is progress. Maybe one day before he's diabetic he'll give it a try.

Well, I'm off to go pick up my daughter after breakfast. I guess I need to think about groceries today, too!

Day 6:

B: Eggs scramble /almonds/raisins

L: Vegetable root soup in organic chicken broth (home made) an orange

D: carrots/guacamole, paleo meatloaf, 1/2 sweet potato with ghee, fresh steamed asparagus

Feeling good today and not deprived. Nordic walked 45 mins

Day 27....and I think I might have strep throat. :( I have been sick almost this entire month.

B: homemade sausage, spinach and onion

L: chicken/veggie soup

D: I'm trying to get some pork and veggie thing made, but we'll see if I get to eat it. I kind of just want to go to bed at this point!

OH, Sorry, Casey....you have had a rough time....

but, you are on track so amen sista....

Today is Day 7:

and it's Monday and back to the grind at work.....happy to have a job I love:

B: Eggs/apple

L: Greens/Paleo Meatloaf/Half Sweet Potato

D: grilled steaks/asparagus/butternut squash

S: Almonds

Let's see if I can remember yesterday...

Day 28

B: sausage and sweet potato

L: lettuce-wrapped burger with avocado, bell pepper and onion

S: applesauce and can of tuna

D: steak, sweet potato and broccoli

I have antibiotics now, so hopefully I can finally beat this thing. :)

One week down, Donna!!!

Had a massage today after work. Deep tissue. Wow, I feel like Gumby now.....

Day 9

B: Omelette with ham, banana

S: Lara Bar

L: Arugula, carrots, beef, grapes

D: Leftover Paleo Pulled Pork from last night....that stuff is like crack. Beyond Easy Paleo Pulled Pork....Kate gave me the recipe last go around... and sweet potato, ghee greens.....

truth be told I have had zero energy for exercise this week....I will let myself slide and shoot for some serious Nordic Walking this weekend...rough week of teaching a tough class and early W30 didn't help. Self care and kindness is key to success. I will be okay....

Day 12

Nordic walk for 84 minutes this am in the 20 degree weather....brrrrrrrrrrrrr

B: Banana, Compliant bacon (lots of it)

L: Greens,artichoke, grilled chicken breast, peppers and onions

D: Compliant moo shoo pork....cabbage, aminos, garlic, oil, pork stir fry

S: Lara bar

Archived