Supplements for autoimmune?

My diet is very limited due to Celiac and a host of other symptoms. I am doing the autoimmune protocol for 90 days but can't eat FODMAPS either. Because I am limited to : Any kind of meat/coconut milk,oil and flakes/Blueberries/ spinach/green beans/sweet potatoes/jicama/carrots and olives. Do I need to take additional supplements? I take 4 grams of fish oil right now.

I am on the AI and FODMAP protocol right now too. I have also eaten bok choy and swiss chard. I saute them with baby spinach. ANd the box of organic "baby super greens" are good sauteed as well. I miss the spectrum of fruits and veggies too, but have tried to manage. ALso roasted zucchini and yellow squash are tasty. I take D3 and a high powered probiotic as well as fish oil.

I am working with a practitioner who is helping me heal my gut, as Im sure it is the culprit of my Psoriasis and other symptoms.

Like you mentioned above, he is not having me take probiotics until I am further along in the healing process.

Currently I am taking Vitamin A, Vitamin D. Also HCL and Ox Bile with each meal to improve my digestion and absorption. Along with the leaky gut I have some yeast overgrowth, a parasite and some bacterial infections. For that I am taking Biocidin. For gut healing I am taking a product called Seacure.

If you dont have Practical Paleo, Id highly suggest you pick up a copy. There are great suggestions for supps when following the AI protocol, as well as some meal ideas. Also check out www.thepaleomom.com as she has tons of posts on the AIP

Archived