Anita's Post W30

wheresanita

Greetings one and all!

I probably won't post here daily but it's nice knowing I have a place to log things when I feel the need.

I just finished my W30. At the beginning I didn't take photos or measurements because I was just too disgusted with how far off the rails I had gone over the previous 2 months. i did, however, weigh myself and I am pleased to say that when I stepped on the scale this morning I discovered I had lost 18 pounds over the last 30 days. That's pretty freaking awesome!!

I engaged the services of one Amy Kubal, W9 consultant, last summer. I still have the plan she created for me. My plan for the next few months is to follow that plan in order to lose the weight that I want to lose. I have a number in mind - but since I've never been there as an adult I'm not sure if it's where I'll end up. I feel it's realistic, but my plan is to re-evaluate monthly.

As for my post W30 re-introduction...oh dairy, how I have missed you! Especially cheese, and heavy cream in my coffee!! So now I am off to my hot yoga class with a plan to stop at Starbucks on my way home for the 1st time in over 30 days - I see and Americano with heavy cream in my future!!

OK..so the coffee with heavy cream was FANTASTIC! However, if I am going to be honest about it, it was VERY filling. So far, no unpleasant reaction to the dairy itself, but I am in no way hungry...and it should be time for lunch. So, it seems that the heavy cream will "push healthy foods off my plate" and should therefore be limited :unsure:. I went with a grande - perhaps a tall is a better choice when I decide to indulge. I have some lovely organic cheddar that I'm going to try with my lunch and a greek yogurt to have with my evening 2nd meal (I'm in class til 10pm tonight so I generally have a light "mini dinner" before class and a light "2nd mini dinner" on our break. Tomorrow it's back to 100% and see how I feel (please have no reaction, please have no reaction, please have no reaction!).

So I have not been hungry at all today post heavy cream. I managed a nice dinner of chimichurri steak and spaghetti squash but never got a chance to have any cheese or yogurt. I may take the yogurt with me to work tomorrow or may go back to W30 standards - I'll see how I feel when I'm packing my lunch!

Anita, here is my take on the cream and not hungry. I feel that when I eat dairy or gluten grains, the first thing it does is sort of bloats me a little which has the same feeling as not being hungry. Does that make sense? As in it creates a little gas that makes me feel full. Just my own experience with it. I can eat some dairy without horrible consequences but I don't feel as good as if I didn't have dairy. Same with gluten.

Hey Susan,

I decided to have the yogurt today along with a bit of cheese. I was working and occasionally have issues with food at work due to the length of my shift and the acuity of the patients (don't always get a real lunch). My 'strategy' with the yogurt was to have it as a mid morning snack so it wouldn't replace either breakfast or lunch. It was tasty. My lunch was W30 compliant and then I added a bit of cheese to my chili for dinner. THAT was tasty! However, while I'm not feeling particularly bloated I am definitely experiencing more gas. No pain or discomfort, but I still think I have to pick my dairy indulgences wisely and not make it an every day thing.

Back to the clean part of re-introduction tomorrow~

Archived