March Whole 30-motivation/preparation

Jenni

Hello there ladies and gents,

I plan on beginning my whole 30 the 1st of March and thought it'd be nice to share with some others planning to start the same day. We can help to motivate each other and prepare. I have had problems with my health for quite a while now-suspected pcos, back pain, fatigue, insomnia, bipolar, and acne. It'd be nice to hear from others who are struggling with some of the same issues, or better yet, those who have overcome them through the whole 30. I look forward to walking this journey with you.

• Moderators

Thank you for being upfront and honest. Now don't go around telling people I said this, but I support your decision to postpone quitting smoking until after you have a Whole30 under your belt. The guidelines - http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/5-the-official-whole30%C2%AE-program/ - say no tobacco products during a Whole30, but I think adopting the Whole30 approach to eating creates a foundation that makes giving up cigarets much easier. It would be great to do both at once, but I worry that doing two major things at once creates too much stress. So here is my suggestion. Do a great Whole30 and then quit smoking in a one, two punch.

I'm not a former smoker, but I used to work with smoking cessation groups when I was a psychotherapist and I remember how nuts my mother became when she tried to stop smoking. She was almost 50 years old before she finally succeeded with giving up her Winstons.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jenni! I'm planning on starting around the beginning of March as well and was hoping to find others for support. I've been eating mostly Paleo for a while, and have done a two week period with similar guidelines as the Whole30 but I'd like some moral support! I don't really have health problems that I'm trying to solve, but I'm hoping to gain energy and feel more healthy. I'm working on prepping some meals for the freezer that I can throw in the crockpot or cook quickly because I'll start working the overnight shift next week. I also want to start exercising daily, I was thinking about trying the Clean Eats in the Zoo blog level 1 crossfit challenge. I know that's a lot of change to tackle at once but I'm going to try.

Archived