Feb 11th - making a start

Christine55

I just made it through my first day on the Paleo eating plan without any hitches. It's amazing how "on" you need to be regarding the things you do that are so second nature (like finishing off my daughters piece of cheese or diving into the rice crackers and hummus while the rest of the family are munching away!). I can really see where the commitment to do this Paleo eating not only needs to comes from your actions, but your thinking and general mindset. You need to be so aware all the time, especially in the beginning to set those new patterns of behaviour. Preparation will also be essential for me. I've never really enjoyed cooking per se, but now I'm in a different mindset and I'm just trying to get it all figured out and stay on top of it! Anyway, I'm excited and feel that this is exactly what I should and need to be doing right now!

I will stay in touch.

Christine

Welcome Christine, yes doing a Whole 30, which is a bit different than general Paleo, really does make you think about everything you eat and why. I don't know if you've read the book It Starts With Food but I'd highly recommend it. There's also lots of free downloads here

http://whole9life.com/itstartswithfood/

which are really helpful, if you haven't already got them. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Archived