Road trip!

Kmuthig

Hello! I'm on day 2 of my first ever whole 30. I'm leaving Saturday to drive from Texas to California. We'll be on the road for 2 days. I do plan on packing a cooler with some snacks but I would welcome any insight on restaurants. Any suggestions on places where I might have the best luck. Any other travel wisdom would also be greatly appreciated!

Travel is hard...if you're dining out stick to meat and veggies. It might be helpful to research some grocery stores ahead of time. Things like canned tuna or salmon, canned sweet potato or pumpkin, avocados, rotisserie chickens, can all be convenient lifesavers from the grocery store.

I agree with Johnny, definitely do some research on grocery stores and restaurants ahead of time. I like to use yelp when I go to new cities to find paleo friendly restaurants. There are RARELY right off the highway so if you have the time and are feeling more adventurous. Pick a few cities to venture into and have a nice meal at a local place.

On yelp I will search for "paleo" and if that doesn't pull up anything try "gluten free" - if you can find this in a review, it usually means the place is health conscious or easy to navigate.

Have fun!

Archived