1st Whole30 is Currently a Whole59

Paulie M

This is the greatest way of eating. I am so glad I came across this diet through a friend on Facebook. It just makes so much sense. Eat natural foods: vegetables, fruits and animal proteins (and the better fed the animals are, the higher quality of their meat and the nutrients within it), and stay away from added sugars, salt and processed foods. I see other diets and I think "huh?" Some of them are loaded with "tricks" so you can still eat pizza and pancakes, but somehow make them more "healthy". You are fooling yourself with those diets. You have to make an effort to put better things in your body.

I finished the Whole30 and I just keep going, this being day 59. I'll break it one of these days (probably with a frothy latte at Starbucks, but without the sugar), but I want to at least get to 60 days. This diet has given me more energy, helped better control my type 1 diabetes and has given me the awareness that I am eating a solid nutrious diet that will only make me healthier. It's also an accomplishment that I am proud of. Thanks Dallas and Melissa!

Paulie M

Great news!!! I feel the exact same way... I'm going on five months and reintro dairy( don't care for it anymore), rice (can take it or leave it), soy ( big no no for me... Won't ever touch it again) ..... I'll eat something off plan when the mood is right and the stars align.

I'm soooo thrilled eating a quality steak with avocado and a huge plate of greens and brussel sprouts, I never feel like eating " pizza" again!

****. Plus @ 50 years old,my cardiologist is thrilled with my recent numbers. My lipid profile has never been anywhere close to this good!!!

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for your post Paulie! I agree, this type of eating is working so well for me.

There are a few ladies at work who really struggle with their health and weight. One of them is going to Jenny Craig and she was most upset that she had gained 1.5kg's. "I was a little but naughty last week, but I didn't think I was that naughty.". I felt really bad for her. When the timing is right, I will gently introduce her to the whole 30.

I find it frustrating that people can't see the connection between sugar, the over consumption of wheat & dairy and their poor health / weight issues.

Apart from anything else, it boils down to "if you keep doing the same thing, you will get the same results". It just takes someone to offer an alternative for the lights to go on

Archived