Excited, motivated and full (literally)...how refreshing!

Molly8256

Hello All – today is day 2 of my Whole30 and I am very excited and optimistic!

I want to start off by mentioning that my head is really spinning as of late with all of the different healthy/not healthy information out there. I have been ravenous for nutrition information over the past couple of months. I have watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, King Corn, Forks Over Knives, Vegucation…etc. And all of those are well done and seemingly well documented/substantiated documentaries and frankly left me feeling geared up to be a vegan! I was having dinner with some friends a few weeks ago, they are big Cross Fit junkies, and have been embracing a semi paleo lifestyle for a couple of years and have completed a few Whole30 cycles. Essentially we got into a conversation about all of these different schools of thought. I was pretty gung-ho advocating a vegetarian based diet. And they were gung-ho paleo.

I found myself reflecting on it all a few days later. Bottom line…I would like to lose 25lbs. Both of my paleo friends have great body composition. And I thought, who am I to really argue with the results that are staring me in the face! So, I read It Starts with Food and found it to be very inspirational.

My diet for the past few months has generally been low calorie, low fat, gluten free and dairy free. I have not lost any weight adhering to this model and I am hungry all the time and mentally obsessed with food!

I am thrilled with the fact that I ate a big breakfast yesterday and did not eat again until lunch and then did not eat again until dinner! I normally eat about every two hours…and still manage to feel hungry ALL the time!

And I honestly feel a big mental relief that I am not going to step on the scale for 30 days! Measuring success every day or even every week on a scale might as well be a bullet to your self esteem, it either increases or decreases it in a matter of 2 seconds. At least for me….and I am really tired of that.

And even though I think there is a lot of good information in all of those documentaries I mentioned above…I also think there is a lot of good information in It Starts With Food. So, I have officially decided to pull together a common denominator from all of these sources. We as a country consume way too many processed foods. Whether I am eating animal products or not…I am not going to eat anything I cannot pronounce and focus on the quality of my food. I will choose the best quality available to me and focus on feeding my body real food.

Sticking to the Whole30 for 30 days will be a challenge, but in other ways it's a vacation from the mental frustration I have been experiencing with my body and food.

I hope to feel just as inspired on day 30 as I do today!

Archived