Ate too many Larabars...Do I need to restart?

Hello,

I am currently on Day 8 of my Whole30. I decided to do the Whole30 because I have a sugar addiction and unhealthy past relationships with food (emotional eating/binge eating). Tonight I was really stressed and upset and the next thing I knew I had eaten 3 Larabars.

I KNOW that I should not have eaten them, that they are loaded with sugar and to be used in emergencies only (which is what they were intended for) and I deeply regret eating them. I know the cause of this mini larabar "binge" was connected with my issues with emotional eating, which is something I constantly am fighting to overcome. I am wondering if I should start over due to this slip up? Or if I should just make sure Larabars are out of sight for the next 22 days. I obviously would prefer not to start over, but am willing to do so if necessary; other than this issue I have been following the guidelines with great care, eating 3-4 meals a day with protein, healthy fats and lots of veggies.

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thank you!!

First of all take a deep breath and don't beat yourself up. Second, hide or ditch the larabars. I wouldn't start over, I would just keep going. I think it's awesome that you realise you have a sugar addiction and that you have issues with emotional eating. Believe me you are not alone. Having realised how strong your sugar addiction is, I wouldn't keep anything sweet even for emergencies, compliant or homemade jerky is a good one.

The W30 is designed to teach us a better relationship with food and that includes sugar addictions and emotional issues. If at the end of your W30, you don't feel these are completely reset, you can always carry on longer. Many of us do that. Good luck and keep going

Archived