Day 9, and I'm beginning to hate food

I started March 1st and have been doing pretty well. I don't think I'm eating enough because whole food is not appealing to me. I have had dishes that were good, like meatballs with maranara and spahgetti squash, has been on of my favs. I have to cook for six people in my house and try to feed myself each day. Just worn out planning meals and cooking and have no appetite.

Just worn out planning meals and cooking and have no appetite.

Hi czjungirl, I totally hear you! I cook for my household too and I was wiped out just thinking about getting meals together for next week last night. Are you able to get some of the 6 people you cook for to cook for themselves a few days a week? Or are they children? I ended up telling my husband that he needs to step up a bit in the kitchen, at least with the dish washing. Otherwise, I'd be exhausted all week.

Good luck!

It sounds like some new strategies might help...

I agree with Nyx... can you get the other people involved in some way (maybe just helping with the chopping?)

Do you have a few (let's say 5) *easy meals* that you can have on the table in a short period of time? Eggs and sausage?

Also, are you able to spend some time doing prep on the weekend or another day? It is so much easier if you can just reach in the fridge and grab already cooked spaghetti squash (for example).

In my house (we cook for 5, and my fiancé does most of the cooking) I try to cook one or two meals per week that I immediately put in the freezer for a night that we need an "easy button" meal... eggplant strata freezes well. So does Chocolate Chili and other soups.

Good luck! Hang in there!

Around that same point, my husband offered to quit with me because he had seen how hard I had been working with the cooking. A day or two later, things sort of fell into place. I do need to shop again on day 20, but I have three cooked meats in the fridge and one about to start marinating and two cooked meats in the freezer with a couple of other meals in there, as well. I felt so much better when I started save/reserving/hoarding things in the freezer. I do appear to be lacking in fresh veggies now.

Thank you all for your advice. Day 12 and I'm feeling a little better. My husband day travels so hes tired when he gets home I always try to be ready to feed him (besides hes not real good around the kitchen). I need to be more prepared and try freezing things. I found a new web site thefoodeeproject that I think will be a big help to me and my family!

It can be a tough transition and it seems like a TON of work for a while. I got to the point where I just dreaded mealtime. But I promise, it becomes second nature and gets a lot easier. I don't love to eat the way I used to, but I've decided that's a good thing.

Weekend prepping has helped me out a lot, and I often make something that I can freeze and cook later in the week (meatballs, meatloaf) so that I don't feel like hired help every day of the week.

I totally feel your pain!

Archived