Start date 25 March2013

Kotie

Hi I am new. I have committed to starting on the 25th March 2013 (anyone else?). The reason for such a late start is because I will be travelling until then. I live in Johannesburg South Africa.

I think that my biggest challenge is going to be the travelling. I sometimes fly to very remote areas, where there are no airport shops and very little by way of actual shops in the villages. I will have to fly in with easy to pack food and snacks - any ideas? (I believe nuts are low down on the list for Whole30 and I don't eat dried fruit).

Trying to make preparations early for any eventuality.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Maybe some grass-fed beef or bison jerky? I don't know that nuts are low on the list, but if you're trying to lose weight maybe be careful about how many and also watch what kind. I believe macadamia, cashews and hazlenuts are better options as they're not so high in omega 6.

Easy to pack foods: veggies sticks, hard boiled eggs, jerkey, cut up cooked chicken chunks, ground meat with side of salsa & avacado on salad greens.

I'm sure there are tons of people who can make more and even better suggestions, but perhaps that will help a little.

Cheers,

Tamara

Hi, I'm ne myself, I will start with you on the 25th. My biggest challenge is going to be my job. I tend to not take time to eat lunch and end up eating a bag of chips and a soda for breakfast,lunch, and dinner. What are you planning for meals? I need all the help I can get.

I'm starting on the 25th as well, Kotie. I have a bachelorette party on April 26th, so I want to be sure I get my 30 days in before then. This will be my second Whole 30 this year, with a few done over the past two years.

If you can take canned goods, try canned tuna, salmon, or sardines. Check the ingredients to make sure they are compliant, but they might be a good option.

Thank you to everyone for your comments. I am learning so much. I a, now 1/2 way through day 2. It's been a challenge traveling, but have managed so far. Have relied on apples, biltong (I think similar to jerky), chicken, eggs and salad. Home tonight - yay, better control. Feel very tired today.

Is there anyone who would like to be my Whole30 buddy? I would love the support.

Archived