February Whole60

michelej

well yesterday and today i am back on track and am currently in the process of making a big cooler of food to take along on the road trip we are going on tomorrow.. my sister's family is out on spring break so we are loading them up... and driving 8 hours to rent a house on the oregon coast... yeah!!... my dad already told my sister that he is bringing me all my favorite car treats... M&Ms... twizzlers.... SO i am making a preemptive strike and packing chicken salad... blueberries... and loads of cut veggies... i am learning that preparation is the number one thing i can do to stay on track! My sis and i have planned our meals for while we are there.. eat out once and then cook in the house we are renting... so i should be able to find it fairly easy to keep myself compliant!

thanks for all your support and encouragement... you all stay strong.. and have a great weekend and week ahead!

Jojo

Ok, no cashews today. Just a bad habit I was in the process of developing:) How is everybody feeling about Easter. All those eggs and hot cross buns:). Hope everybody is like me and not craving.

At least I am over that feeling of thinking I am missing out on something:). Lisa will be watching your space with curiosity to see how you fare once you start to re introduce. May continue for another 30 as well however would love to have a pot of Chai tea with a bit of honey:)

Have a great one everybody.

What a great weekend :D

My sister called me during the week and asked if I wanted to give outrigger canoeing a try. "Why not?" I thought to myself. It was excellent! Great work out and also very peaceful being out on the water. Very easy to get into the zone and it feels great when the whole crew is working as one!

Came home from the paddle and spent the arvo cooking food for the coming week. Thai Green curry loaded with veges, slow cooker beef and vege caserole and breakfast ready for the next morning.

This morning I went to Crossfit for the very 1st time. WOW.....was that a very different and pleasently surprising experience. I am sore but I feel energized and cant wait to go again on Wednesday morning after I have had a day to recover!!

Let stage two of Jackie's transformation begin...EXERCISE HERE WE COME. :P

Yay, go Jackie, Crossfit rocks!! Busy time coming up as we get smashed in the shop over Easter so lots of hours to work.

Feeling good and strong. Just did a WOD called American Nightmare and I am going to be so sore however it will be worth it. Yummy dinner, now chillaxing.

Have a great one everybody:)

Two more days...

Getting ready to read Chapter 19 and the email they sent on day 29 but I haven't looked at yet. Will re-introduce the way I'm supposed to but I can tell you I am pretty much on the Paleo bandwagon for life. Like I've said before a "WholeForever". But I do want to be able to enjoy a non-compliant treat or even a "paleo-fied" something once in a while. I definitely do not want to become consumed again by that fire-breathing sugar dragon ever again and I do know that sugar messes with your mind so sugar will be extremely limited for the rest of my life.

After our vacation/elopement I will for sure do another Whole30 but, like I said, Paleo will be my lifestyle. I am super carb sensitive and can truly live without pasta and bread. And since sugar is so deadly it only makes sense to stay away.

Hang in there everyone... :D

I went to Crossfit again this morning. Wow Suzy I am sore - but have HEAPS of energy :) Will take me a while to get to know all of the lingo, but thankfully all of the people who go to Crossfit here in Gladstone are very friendly. And they have awesome fit, well sclupted bodies - they are indeed machines!!

I actualy enjoy the feeling of soreness....reminds me how far I have to go to get back to fit self !

We are off camping for a few days over the weekend. Should be nice to get out into the bush for a while!

Okay. Day 60...I read the final chapters in the book. I think I'm pretty sure what I'll be re-introducing and when. There are some things that I don't miss that won't go back in my diet, as well as some things that I want but won't.

I have stayed off the scale and the measuring tape has stayed in the drawer the whole time. I will weigh and re-measure but I know that the scale weight is just the force of gravity on my body so that is not a good indicator. The clothes that were fitting a bit looser towards the end of my first 30 days are real loose now. I'm going to bring up my size 10s today and hang them in the closet and wash and put the rest away until I can get them taken in. (I'm like that Yoplait commercial where the girl goes into the cleaners and wants all her clothes taken in and the clerk thinks she wants them taken out... :D )

I will do the 10 days of re-introduction just for curiosities sake but that is all. My body likes eating this way. It is routine now.

Stay tuned....

Re-Intro Day 1: Dairy

Scale weight I am down another 3 1/2 pounds. That is not a huge number (and that's okay). The next numbers are the huge numbers for me and, really, the only ones I care about. Those lbs that I have lost are body fat. Shedding the body fat is just as important (for me) as healing my body with food.

Without further adieu: Shed another 2.5" from my waist and another inch from my hips and went from 30% body fat to 26%!!! I started at app. 32% back at the end of January when I started this journey. My goal is a range: 21%-23%, with 21% being ideal. These are just figures derived from two measurements and a chart from Mastering The Zone book. They are, by no means, exact...but close enough for me. All my pants are too big is proof too.

I had half and half in my coffee this morning but I kind of miss seeing the oily film on the top. I have some plain Greek yogurt to have later on with some blueberries. And I'll have a little bowl of vanilla ice cream later too. Bruce (my fiance) doesn't really understand why I bought these things yesterday (he hasn't read the book but has been following along, somewhat). He says this morning after I tell him I'm down another 3 lbs: "I don't understand why we don't just stick with it". He's so cute. I told him, it is only for ten days, one day and one food group at a time. We're not going to go on a day long binge either. Three meals, three things. After the ten days I'm right back on Paleo. Probably not Whole30 but Paleo all the same. I do have April 25th circled on my calendar to start another Whole30 so we may just go ahead and start another one to carry us up to our busy June (two weddings, one of them ours and a wonderful vacation).

I'll let you all know tomorrow how it went with the Dairy...

Bummer, messed up today so have to restart tomorrow. Not beating myself up and was so good yesterday purchasing buns for the loved one and so close to purchasing a bun however refrained.

Break out due to excessive soreness from this weeks wods and feeling grumpy. No excuses though.

Feeling ok about it all.

Jackie you will be talking the crossfit talk before you know it. So much for you to learn and so many wods to tackle!! Watch out for thrusters-just horrible:)

Have a great Easter everybody, me back on the straight and narrow:)

I had no adverse "reactions"at all to dairy. Well, at least not after one day. Consisted of half and half, some vanilla ice cream, plain Greek yogurt, cheese and my green tea latte from Starbucks. The latte was really the only thing I enjoyed. And, the ice cream and the latte didn't wake up the sugar dragon. The ice cream tasted super sweet so just a small bit was enough. That is progress right there.

Back to Whole30 eating today and tomorrow. But the thing is, I didn't even feel like I wanted dairy. So honestly, I can do without. There are only a handful of non-compliant things I really missed, one of them was the latte. Popcorn. Oatmeal. Wine.

Update* Maybe dairy messed with my bathroom routine...one of my "issues" I was hoping Whole30 would clear up. Not better like I think it should be but better. A little worse today. Hmmm

Hello Ladies! i am happy to read all your posts. you all have handled it better than i did!!

I was at day 50. 50!! I was at the last day of a 7 day camp out with friends. Sailed through, no problem. Exercising everyday. On the last day I fell running. Broke some fingers, got a cast on my hand and cant go to the gym. I felt sorry for myself and used it as an excuse.

oh my god, I am SO SICK. I have been eating sugar - chocolate. At least a pound a day plus cookies and brownies and bread. I never even craved it because i just ate it morning noon and night. non stop. Even had to sleep sitting up one night because i was so full. I wonder if that is more of an eating disorder than a sugar craving? anyway. 5 days of chocolate, bread and cheese. I just am so sick I have to stop. Oh, I am beyond embarrassed and sick.

Tomorrow I am back to day 1.

I never ever, ever thought this would happen to me. I was not even tempted or craving sugar at all. Just a weird mind flip. Like destructive. It was the most destructive behavior I have had in a long long time.

Very sad for me.

:-(

Michele

Hey everybody,

Day 2 of a new whole 30 and I already feel better got it. Eating that crap made my workout hard work yesterday however today smashed. Good food equals a good workout:)

Michele, you poor thing, you have certainly been thru the wars. At least you have eaten enough to get you back on the straight and narrow. Hopefully you will find like me that the cravings disappear quickly once you eat clean again. My partner has a box of Cadbury favourites on the table and I am not even interested:)

Stay strong and jump back on that whole 30 horse. Do they have a recumbent cycle at your gym cos you could sit on that and pedal away.

Looking fwd to your next post :)

Hi Guys :-)

Well must be something in the easter air. Went camping for a couple of days with a whole group of friends.

Chocolate, nuts, alcohol, sausages and marinated meats! Gawd did that do good things to my tummy!!! And BUGGER ALL veges and fruit :(

Big plate of veggies and lots of clean eating for me starting tomorrow AM!

And I am having cross fit withdrawals!!! Suzi are thrusters the exercises where you are holding weights in your hands whilst doing squats then as you come up you thrust the weights into the air? If so, then I have been introduced............Eeep!!!

Double unders are frustrating the hell out of me :-)

Suzy1, yes there is a bike i could use. ha ha, i was way too busy eating to go use it though! OK, today is going to be clean. I signed back up for the news letter and i guess it was late so my official day 1 is tomorrow.

i was glad to hear that the cravings went away easily for you. i am worried about 5 days of sugar coma will make this next go tougher. I was pretty cranky the first couple weeks of my first whole30

i realized that i have difficulties when my routine is broken. Even at a week long camp out I had my 5 mile run and my strength stuff to do. like clockwork every morning. So my hand in a cast really threw me off my game and I went into destructive mode. Dang this whole30 thing makes a person THINK about food and habits. :-)

Jackie, you got this!! now that you are home it will be clean eating and you'll feel great.

thanks ladies,

Michlele

Lisa, you are an inspiration!!

My friends (NONE of who are remotely interested in eating whole30) saw my big mess up. ALL of them blame the program and say, well, that is what you get for cutting sugar out completely. or, well, of course it happened because you deprived yourself so you binged. And the most hated one, they say everything in moderation. i should just try moderation. and then of course they say a little sugar never hurt anyone.

aaaarrrrrghghghgg.

What do you say ????? any one liners? I am tired of explaining sugar addition and health.....

Re-introduced gluten grains. The fiance had more of an issue than I did. For me, I'm just not finding myself having any adverse reactions to anything I've re-introduced. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? We ate pretty clean coming into it so maybe that's why I'm not reacting negatively at all. What I am observing isn't a physical reaction. My reactions have all been more mental. I am not craving anything. So I can say with pretty much 100% confidence that I can maintain a Paleo lifestyle with no problem whatsoever. One small bowl of ice cream and I'm good. One piece of chocolate and I'm good. I had my first alcohol in 2 months and I have to say the wheat beer was delicious. So good. I stopped at one. The glass of my favorite red wine last night? We opened a bottle. The first glass was divine. The second? Not so much. Should have stopped at one, but we did open the bottle...Now I know.

I want to keep on shedding body fat and now I know why Melissa and Dallas don't care if you lose weight on this plan. I've not lost a whole lot of "weight" but my body composition is changing and that, to me, is more important. People look at me like I have two heads when I tell them I weigh myself once a month. I don't care about that anymore. We are eating a lot of calories which is probably why the scale weight doesn't reflect as much. That's just gravity. The tale of the tape is more important to me. I don't even track my mileage anymore. It is such a relief to not track calories in and calories out. I wasted a good portion of my life to that nonsense.

Life without dairy, grains, sugar, and legumes? Much more rewarding.

Hey Jackie,

Yep that's a thruster. Wait until you do it with bar and weights:). Practise, practise, practise your double unders and it won't be long until you master them. Think light on your feet when you go them. I call them boing boings cos that's I feel when I am doing them, all light and bouncy:)

All good this end, packs of energy, makes such a difference to my life when I eat this way:)

Have fun everyone:)

All good here, did have some internal chatter saying it was ok to have some chocolate however resisted.

Tucking into yummy poached salmon with roast sweet potato, beetroot and salad with well fed mayo.

Have a great one everybody:)

Well, I was sitting outside today eating my beautiful lunch of mixed salad greens, avocado, tomato, artichoke hearts and smoked salmon when one of my work mates came to the table with a very yummy looking chicken tortilla.

"Would you like to try some Jac?"

"Ok, just a small peice - it looks lovely!!"

She cut me off a peice that would have been no more than 5cm long. 1st bit of anything remotely looking like bread for nearly 60 days.

Less than 15 minutes later my stomach was sore and uncomfortable. :wacko: Not cool! So, wheat and grains are not going to be getting re-introduced any time soon! :o

Archived