Recommendations for this restaurant menu?

advencap

On Day 14, things are going reasonably well.

Headed to Vegas this weekend for less than 48 hours. Glad it's a brief trip since we all know how challenging it can be to travel and eat out during W30! We have dinner reservations at this restaurant:

http://www.mandalaybay.com/dining/mix/

We've already told them that I am a dairy-free and gluten-free diner (not true, but to make it easier, doing as much as we can ahead of time to manage their expectations). I am new to trying to eat out like this during a W30 so if any of you experienced W30 travelers have suggestions of what you'd pick off this menu and how you'd order it, I am all ears!

Thanks so much in advance.

That's an exquisite menu! The bison stands out to me, BUT who knows what the vegetables are glazed in, or if the meat is dusted in flour. So many possibilities. You say you've alerted the restaurant to you needs- I would take that a step further and send an email listing out everything you are looking to avoid and asking them what to order that fits. Or, just do the best you can On your trip and restart- 30 days is nothing compared to a lifetime of health and happiness amiright?

I think you can pretty easily order any of their protein/veggie combos and clarify the oil that is OK or ask them to steam things. You can even ask to see the oil bottle or can if you are really worried. Some of the toppings (butter, dressing, etc.) can be left off in addition to the grains). My husband recently did this on a business trip. He asked a few questions about cooking methods, asked for a few adjustments, and had a very happy meal out.

Thanks so much for your input! I am definitely not planning on restarting W30 after this trip, so am really grateful for the help in advance. Sending a more detailed email to the restaurant in advance is a good suggestion ... thanks!

Archived