Started Day 1 Today

JennE

Started Day 1 Today. I set my goals and feel ready to stick to the nutritional program.

Here's what I ate:

Breakfast: 1 mug black coffee, 1/2 grapefruit, (4)egg white omlette with peppers and arugula

Lunch: Stir fried chicken, roasted squash and sweet potato, spinach, pine nuts and avocado with lemon

Snack: Apple with almond butter

Dinner: Pork tenderloin with mashed sweet potato, sauteed spinach, apple slices and a scoop of apple sauce

I had a great workout and energy feels good. I was feeling a bit irritable though, so I'm wondering if that might be some junk food withdrawl!

Good luck Jenn. When my wife and I started 11 days ago... Our first night... And subsequent nights were filled with cravings for snacks, sweets, "junk food". Much of that was psychological... And physical by the signals the body sends the brain... Thus much of it is psychological. :-)

As you body resets itself, those cravings diminished as the days went by... You can do it!!!

Thanks Tom, for the feedback on the eggs... I was thinking that I probably needed more fat too, but I had a carton of them left in the fridge and thought I should use it up. I will be buying regular eggs from now on!

I think I was probably feeling worse on my day one because I had a hangover from the food I ate the night before. I went out for one last meal and had some things I knew I couldn't have for a while. This probably wasn't the best idea... you live and you learn.

And thanks Scott for the encouragement. It is nice to have the support on here! I wasn't able to convince my husband to try the whole30 with me, so it is hard being around food that I can't have. I know I can do it though!

I had a good day today. Spent some time reading over the book 'It Starts with Food' and doing some meal planning, grocery, shopping and cooking. Only complaint I have right now is that my tummy feels a little bit crampy and bloated every time I eat. Maybe I just need to adjust to the changes....? It is definitely a different phenomenon than the usual tummy upset that I get when I either eat too much or indulge in something less healthy.

Here's what I ate today:

Day 2:

B: Black coffee, juice of ½ grapfruit in water (during workout), 1 apple, 2 egg whites omlette with peppers, onions, arugula, a palm sized amount of cooked chicken breast, ½ avocado, spoonful of salsa, leftover mashed sweet potatoes (post workout)

L: 1 Banana and a few pistachios, a spinach salad with chicken, squash, apple, pecans, a few raisins, apple cider vinegar

Rooibos chai tea

Snack: 3 figs, a handful of mixed nuts (cashews, pecans, pistachio, brazil), 2 dried apricots

D: Beef curry stew with coconut milk, onions, carrots, spinach, garlic, ginger. Also had frozen cherries blended with coconut milk and a tsp cashew butter – delish!

Day 3: Feeling pretty awesome actually. I didn't' have that I'm so hungry all I can think of is food feeling by lunch, which is a first! My tummy has been a little sore, but is starting to feel better today. I have been getting these funny cramps after eating, and experiencing my appetite starting to diminish. Interesting phenomenon.

B: Coffee with coconut cream, small bowl of mixed berries, 1 palm full of cooked chicken breast, 6 cashews

Herbal tea

L: Leftover curried beef stew – coconut milk, carrots, onions, spinach, garlic, ginger, basil

1 Apple with a Tbsp of cashew butter

D: 1.5 palms of baked fillet of sole (wild), roasted carrots and turnips with rosemary and olive oil, steamed broccoli, three olives

Rooibos with coconut milk

Our gut bacteria evolves to handle the food it is given. If you've been eating a lot of processed foods, grains, etc. your gut is populated with the bacteria needed to digest those items and may be short on the ones needed to digest a larger vegetable load. It can take several days to a week to starve off the excess bacteria you no longer need, and to repopulate with the ones you now need. You should find it evening out any day now.

Hey thanks 1Maryanne. I was a little worried about the tummy troubles, but it is seriously improving!

Day 4: Had a great sleep last night a woke up this morning in a good mood and well rested for the first time I can remember.

I have been reading “It Starts with Food†and it is seriously motivating me and empowering me on a whole other level. I am starting to feel free of food cravings and much more mentally and emotionally stable. Plus my stomach has stopped hurting, which was an almost daily experience for me before.

B: Coffee with cashew and almond cream, Ground pork with apples

L: Pumpkin soup with garlic, ginger and onions, baked kale chips, roasted chicken

Tea with coconut milk

D: Steamed broccoli, mixed greens, avocado, chicken and salsa verde, Perrier with lemon

Archived