peer pressure

HELP! Visiting my family for the weekend started whole30 last week and I keep telling myself I didnt do all my hard work last week for nothing however my family keeps sticking things in front of my face and making me feel like I am not wnjoying myself because I skip dessert and order salads. How can I explain to them that I dont need these bad foods and not to look at me like I have a problem!!!

HELP! Visiting my family for the weekend started whole30 last week and I keep telling myself I didnt do all my hard work last week for nothing however my family keeps sticking things in front of my face and making me feel like I am not wnjoying myself because I skip dessert and order salads. How can I explain to them that I dont need these bad foods and not to look at me like I have a problem!!!

How do they "make" you feel anything? You have chosen to eat the way you do. Probably for good reason. You are eating way more than salads right?

You really don't have to explain. A simple "No thank you, pass the olive oil please, and how IS little Bobby anyway? Such a cutie, is he teething yet?" will do. It's a standard parenting technique. Distract and redirect. You will find yourself parenting your own family, and life will be good. Also, I second Susan's comments about eating more than salad. That's gonna make for a pretty rough weekend!

Archived