Started 3/17

micro_mish

Hey everyone! I'm a little late to the posting bandwagon...I started my Whole30 (with my husband) on Sunday 3/17 (this is day 4 for us) and so far we are doing pretty well. I started reading about paleo when I started crossfit at the beginning of February and decided to challenge myself--my husband was skeptical but he's super-supportive like that...plus I do the majority of the cooking anyway! Sometimes I would go an entire day (until dinner) on carbs alone.

My biggest issue has to be with planning ahead...we both have very packed schedules so it's been a challenge prioritizing food when you can't just grab a snack anywhere you can. I don't have a "sugar dragon" so much as a "salt and fat" dragon (give me cheese and crackers or french fries any day over chocolate!). I pretty much only allow myself to eat raw nuts, since my salt tooth is crazy. My husband is having a harder time giving up the sweet stuff, so I've been trying to feed him as many veggies as possible to keep him from snacking on fruit.

My other issue is working as a food microbiologist...there is pretty much always processed junk and cheese in my face all day where I work. I'm actually pretty surprised, I thought I would be pretty miserable the first week (maybe I'm a late bloomer) but so far I'm feeling good. (Other than trying to force myself to eat kale...yuck!)

• Moderators

Kale needs to be wilted in oil and splashed with vinegar to be good. :) Apple cider vinegar works well, but I like to splash a little flavored balsamic on mine. Lately I am using blackberry and ginger infused balsamic to wilt my greens.

Archived