Making the right choice?

Annie51

I am doing day 3.... and it is all okay, just not feeling full of energy. I fastidiously read the labels of foods and am becoming a little confused.

An example; a pack of almonds state the ingredients are only almonds (ie no oil!!) but when I read the nutrition information it states that the nuts contain carbohydrate in the form of sugars. Are these nuts therefore a non compliant food to consume whilst doing Whole30??

Or is the only reference to adhere to when making food choices are the "listed ingredients" not the "nutritional information" ?

Congrats on getting to day 3! It may be a few more days when you start feeling more energy. Your body may still be recovering from the hormonal and sugar rush hangover of your previous diet.

Yes, don't worry about the nutritional information, look at the ingredients. You just want to eat whole foods, it is a completely different mindset that looking for carbs and sugars on the label. You can eat nuts in moderation, but try to focus on eating meat, vegetables and healthy fats like coconut oil, avocado, olives. It may seem contrary to what you have been taught, but it does work.Don't worry about counting calories or carbs, at this point focus on eating whole, real food. Good luck!

Archived