Easing back in to workouts?

Catnap

I am on my second Whole30 and I feel like this way of life is really starting to set in as habit, which is awesome. During my first Whole30, I spent nearly all of my effort on eating well, meal prep, etc. I really took it to heart when the Whole9 folks say to prioritize food and sleep first. While I never got the "boundless" energy thing, I have enough other things going really well that I know it's working. I guess my question is....I never feel like working out....what the heck? Sometimes I go out with the intention of running and I just end up walking because I just can't force myself to run. Other types of exercise seem unappealing. (I was a competitive athlete for a long time so it's not like working out is totally new to me.). Does anyone have any suggestions? Experienced the same thing?

Got to just do it!!! Get over the hump and make yourself... Some mornings I feel like crawling back into bed I just drop and do 25 burpees to get me going... Once your heart rate gets going a bit it's much easier ....

You say your a runner,but maybe your mind needs a challenge.... Maybe change things up and try out crossfit or something like it... A new environment may be the kickstart you need....

I live in a super small town that doesn't have a whole lot going on (55 minutes away from nearest crossfit gym), but I am happy to report that I found and have joined a small spinning studio. Relying on my own motivation to workout really just wasn't cutting it, it helps to have a specific class time and an instructor/other people there to motivate me. Also, I hadn't been eating any kind of starchy stuff, I have been adding in some sweet potato or butternut squash and it seems to make a big difference in my energy levels.

I think I will still have to work on listening to my body as far as workouts are concerned. Whole30 has done so much to help me listen to it as far as what/when/how much to eat, but in the past I have definitely had a tendency to get a little over zealous with workouts and get burned out. Anyone have any advice for that?

Archived